Do you believe in soulmates?

Are soulmates real? How do you recognize your soulmate?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course!!! One day you'll walk by each other and just feel the connection don't let that one go by!!!

What Guys Said 6

• Some people do. Some people don't. I do believe in soulmates. However, there is no strict definition for a soulmate. A soulmate is one whom ignites a particular emotion... feeling, that neither the spoken nor written word have the ability to describe. There can be more than one soulmate. But what is agreed upon is that the individual defined as 'the' soulmate is the last one to give you that feeling- that one person who makes you feel that way for the rest of your life, standing by you every step of the way.

• Do I "believe" in them? No but I think it's possible. I think there are a lot of girls that I could have a close connection with and fall for, not just one. However it is possible that of all the girls that I could fall for there might be one who is a perfect match for me, one person that completespecially me more than any of the other possible matches. Will I find her? Eh I'm not very optimistic about it.
    Also you might find this interesting...
    www.the-soulmate-site.com/soul-mate-theory.html

• Absolutely. I've had 2-3 of them.

• People confuse soul mate with sole mate. Soul mate does not mean a single person who is the perfect match, as if they are the sole person for you. Soul mate is about two people who have a very close connection. As if they shared a common soul, figuratively speaking. That's the way the dictionary defines it. That's the way Wikipedia defines it. That's the way I've heard it used my entire life.

This idea of a soul mate being a sole mate, like the one "right" person for you, is a very recent use of the term. But that's not what it means.

• No, think about it. Why would they have such a larger population on women in the world than they do men. Chance are one man is suppose to have more than one wife. Just saying with the ratio being such a large difference there can't be a soul mate for everyone or they would have to have the same number on men and women

• Why do soul mates have to be a set of a male and a female?

• I don't know maybe that's the way god intended it to be

• I actually think there are 4 and maybe at the most 7 people you meet in a lifetime that are somewhat of a soul mate.

• Oh no I think I'm close to my soulmate limit than :/

• 4 of them are girls lol soul sister ;)

• Ahhh I see you enjoy the other side of the pillow. Smart.

• Yes, because I've been married to mine for 24 years. She makes my world go 'round.

• Awww that is sweet how did you know she was your soulmate?

• I don't think there's an easy answer to that. It was something that became obvious only over time. I wish I had a better answer but I think there is a lot of luck involved in whether you end up with your soul mate.

Having said that, I believe people become each other's soul mates when they grow together over time and their lives intertwine and they realize how important the other person is in their life and their happiness and how they have a responsibility to make each other happy. It almost becomes a competition to see who can make the other happier. It becomes a self-fueling positive cycle that only works if both partners are on board.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes I believe in soulmates. But I also believe 99.9% of us never find that person

• Yes but I think the term is too romanticised.

• Why is it too romanticised?

• I think when people think of their soul mates they expect perfection. I think it's possible to not like your soul mate... To not get along with them... They can be a shitty person... But if you find yourself not being able to get rid of them... meaning you miss them when your break up with them and you always get back together... they're probably your soul mate lol

• I believe in them. haven't met him yet.

• Nope. I don't even believe in souls

• No, to be truthful. There is more girls than guys in this world and there are gay guys too.

• Do soulmates have to be singular male and female pairs?

• Yeah, but don't forget that not everyone is in a relationship. There are nuns and priests, people born with disease and born in war, people who don't want a single partner, and not everyone lives long enough to find someone. Therefore they probably don't have a soulmate with them. At least not physically. If we're talking about souls, that presumes there is a pre-life and after-life.