We've been together two years he's 37 never married and I'm 35 and divorced. we live together. Will he pop the question?

I brought up to him that one day I'd like to be married and his response was that we are not ready but he also said he'd like to get married too. He sometimes has negative views on marriage. Is he really not ready or is this just an excuse because he doesn't really want to? We also have children from previous partners.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, at your age I think that you guys should have had this talk earlier (just sayin' for future reference/for your girlfriends I think over 30s should have the marriage talk between 7 months-1.5 years of dating just so you're not wasting as much time. It's perfectly acceptable to cut the b*llshit and cut to the chase when you're older and dating).

Anyway, I think considering your age and how long you've been dating it'd be perfectly fine for you to drill him a little. You deserve answers. If you were 23 asking the same question I'd say give him time and let him come to you when you're ready, but especially if you want more kids or REALLY want to get married it's important to see where he stands and discuss how you both feel like adults. No games. Seriously, don't let him avoid your questions put your foot down. If he tells you he doesn't want to get married, then you need to be prepared to make the decision to move on or not. Do you love him? Would you have a problem just living with him the rest of your life or is marriage more important to you? Do you want more kids? Think about these things because you may not get the response you want.

What Guys Said 2

• I think based on the info provided it's hard to know whether or not he wants to get married. clearly he has some hesitations but at the same time he says he would like to get married

I think it is necessary in a relationship, preferably before two years, to discuss those types of future plans. timeline for when things could potentially happen. obviously you don't know from the start when you want to get married but you can get an idea of a sort of timeline or at least expectations in his head.

I think at your ages and two years into a relationship it is fair to press the issue a little bit to figure out where his head is at and when he sees things happening

• straight honest answer
    why would you live together if you are not married? he gets his needs emotionally and physically.
    marriage is to be settled and together under one roof, that's why when people love each other and get along they get married to be together.

anyway good luck ;)

What Girls Said 2

• I think he likely just doesn't want to in general. He's 37, never married, and has negative views on marriage. If all of that were just because of having not met a woman to marry yet, that would've changed (and fast, due to him likely being the last of his friends to get married). I suspect that he maybe doesn't want to. He may change his mind, but I'm not so great with advice on how to go about doing that without setting an ultimatum as I've never been married.

• Ask him why he thinks that you are not ready for marriage

• I asked him n he said we haven't talked bout financial yet n other things but never elaborated on other things also he's never had a relationship longer than three years

• The next time you talk about it ask fore more details.