Why in some countries a man is only allowed to marry just one woman at the same time?

Hi. I came from middle east where classic men still alive. It very unfair to stop men from their legal and nature right of having more than one wife.
Do you think other countries should make it legal for men to have more than just one wife?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sir, you have the Patriarchy's full support.

• are you autistic or have any other kind of mental disorder? I don't mean to be rude, you just seem to be living in your own world

• as I said

• Thanks for MHO. :P

What Girls Said 13

• It's not exactly natural, but then again neither is shitting in the toilet. It helps maintain some sort of social order though.

Oh, also, it's VERY natural for women to have multiple mates, too - as in, to reproduce with testosterone-overflowing machos and marry the weaker ones for financial support. If you're so pro-nature, why don't you let your little harem run off, get pregnant by another dude and then raise kids that are not yours? Oh, right, it's against God's law. Well, the so-called God's law forbids homosexuality, eating pork and wearing mixed textiles, too, even though it's natural for people to indulge in all of these things. Get your head out of your behind, sir, the Middle Ages are over around here.

• I have to give credit where credit is due though. Polygyny was a VERY clever arrangement in pre-modern era, when men would off one another more often than KFC slaughters chickens for the burgers. Women would be left to fend for themselves in the world where women meant little more than a good-quality rug. So if their man got himself killed in combat, they thought it to be a blessing if another dude came along to take care of them - I mean, war skews the gender ratio pretty bad. HOWEVER. It's not the pre-modern era any longer. Women can work to provide for themselves and their kids, and men don't go to war like they would to their 9 to 5 office job. Now we can afford the LUXURY of monogamy, which is a beautiful commitment, where a man and a woman give themselves to each other fully and unconditionally (until they divorce, that is). A man may have four rooms in his heart, but he will never give each of his four wives as much love as he would to one woman.

• Polygamy on a large scale doesn't work, that's why it's illegal. Polygamy today is almost exclusive to Islam, other cultures chose the more stable option of monogamy. Hell even some Muslim countries outlawed polygamy and they do well with it

Also how do you think it's fair to women? Do you think we're not people who don't feel lust or jealousy or sadness? Not a rhetoric question, gimme an answer to that

• yes they should but only if women can marry multiple men. I am no where close to a feminist but I think they should both be able to marry whoever and how many people they want. Either that or no men shouldn't be allowed to marry more than one woman.

• Women should stick to only one man.

• Then men should only have one wife simple as that.

• Only if I get to have more than one husband. Otherwise, no deal. Monogamy is just easier anyways. Seems like there would be a lot of drama and jealousy involved in polygamous relationships.

• Women should stick to one man? Women can only have one man?

Dayum bro. i'm from south east asia.

Classic men? What the hell is classic men? do you mean classy?

So it's unfair that men can only have one wife but where ever you come from, men 'usually' have many wives but a woman can only have one husband? Sorry bro i don't share my man. would you like to share your woman? No? Didn't think so.

I don't think it should be legal in other countries for men to have shit loads of wives while women can only have one husband.

• Multiple mating can bring on some legal issues relating to children. That said, many people have multiple mates for a variety of reasons, not necessarily just sex related.
    We get just as bored with one partner as guys do. The big difference is not just invasive sex for us, but unwanted pregnancies is a fear all women have.
    So, the guys get to have most of the fun I guess.

• Polygamy isn't wrong in its nature. don't have the time to answer, I refer to my answer on this post:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1112505-do-you-think-polygamy-should-be-legal

and no, no one wants your Muslim laws in Europe. done.

• Sure as long as it's also legal for women to take more than one husband.

• No way only for men. Based on their nature and needs.

• @iUnderachieve are you a man for sure?

• Positive. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• No you need to stay in the middle east. I have visited the middle east and its great! But, Women in the middle east don't mind sharing men. But, in other parts of the world women are very territorial and having more than one wife will cause dangerous drama!

• Troll error lol :p god doesn't excist by the way :) have a nice day

• How about women having more than just one husband then?

• NO its not possible. In view of God its a great sin.

• Aaand blocked. Bye bye, and quit taking shrooms.

• I'm not christian. and so what if Christianity is a man made religion? so what if islam is the pure religion we're all people of god. that's what i believe.

• Because most people view cheating as wrong

What Guys Said 3

• Well, should women be allowed to have more than one husband?
    Gender Egalitarism is the way forward. Women are entitled to have the same number of partners as their male counterparts, it's only fair.

Personally I like monogamy because I just think it's sweeter. Having just one partner, to me, makes her more important than a selection of interchangable partners.
    I'm not opposed to Polygamy, that's fine. If people want to have loads of wives/husbands, sure, I'd vote for that to be made a law. But there shouldn't be a different rule imposed for men and women.

• Women be allowed to have more than one husband? OMG its disgusting its against honor even animals have honor and avoid such of these things.

• It makes legal matters more confusing. Monogamy is simple. And wanting to fuck multiple girls and be emotionally invested in more girls at once is fairly disgusting on a conceptual level.

• Its Fine to sleep with 1589345 partners but not marry more than once? I want my maggi !!