Two straight guys get married. LGBT activists freak out?

www.smh.com.au/.../...by-trip-20140912-10fu3t.html

It was only gonna be a matter of time. Why are LGBT activists getting angry though? Freedom to marry is freedom to marry. There’s all kinds of shit reasons people get married. who cares?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol classic media tactic you just pulled. "LGBT activists freak out", sure, let's pretend the conservatives aren't going nuts over this. -_-
    They are getting angry probably because they feel that what they worked for is being mocked. People usually get married for love, gay or straight, not to win a trip or whatever. It's hard for ignorant folk to take gay marriage seriously, and when they see that 2 straight guys are getting married, not out of love, now the homophobic will talk shit and say that "gay marriage is a mockery of marriage." Nevermind the fact that there's drive through weddings in LA, nevermind the fact Kim K had a 72hour marriage, nevermind the fact that people can marry the fucking Eiffel Tower, nope. It must only be gays who "mock marriage."
    -_________-
    (The last part was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious.)

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/fd5669.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2j4r2b9.png[/IMG]

• Conservatives aren't goin nuts over this particularly. To the extent they are, it's not newsowrthy is it. Anti-gay marriage people oppose a gay marriage. Is that news?

Gay marriage supporters get angry over a gay marriage. That's news

Why do gay people feel such a need to be congratulated? I don't give a shit what strangers think about me. Just leave me alone and we're cool. Gay people need the same attitude.

• I told you. I have experienced prejudice. I just don;t whine about it. I'm not a straight white male. Lets put it that way

East Asians, Indians and Nigerians' communities experienced prejudice too. What excuse do mainstream African Americans and Hispanic Americans have? None whatsoever. So many of their lives have been wasted because many would rather feel like victims than make some effort. It's a tragedy.

• Oh sure, you know exactly what I've been through and how to fix my life.

Sorry, but I can handle my own situations. I don't live a "victim" life, I don't even care anymore. When a cop pulls me over and says some racist shit, I shrug it off. My white friends tell me to report his ass to the police department, but hell no. Chicago police are racist and corrupt as fuck, I don't want any cops trying to make my life a living hell. I know how ruthless they can be and fuck with people for giving complaints. Plus, they're cops, it takes a lot to get a racist cop fired, even more from a racist police department.

In bootcamp, I had Drill Instructors who were racist. When I was training for the military, and I went to predominantly white suburban neighborhoods to train in their parks, do you know how many called the cops on me claiming I looked "suspicious"? And that was me training for the military.

I don't give a fuck about racists, xenophobes, homophobes, sexist people anymore

What Girls Said 11

• Well conservatives and equal rights activists would be pretty upset about that. It's kinda respectless. If you don't believe in marriage, fine don't get married but doing it for a rugby game or whatever is making fun of it. Which obviously doesn't suit conservatives because they want marriage to be taken seriously and it doesn't suit gay rights activists because well that's the worst case scenario conservatives make it out to be.

It's like Femen activists in the middle east, it's better for everyone not to do it

• I can't believe this part: Alex Greenwich, independent MP for Sydney and former convener of Australian Marriage Equality, said "all sides" of the marriage equality debate would be understandably upset.

It uses the words and phrases "Marriage Equality", "all sides", and 'independent', but apparently everyone has a huge problem with it? I do think that making a joke of it was a bit disrespectful, but the fact of the matter is you can't promote equality and then force everyone to do things how only YOU want them to do.

• Two people marrying each other, does it matter if it's out of love or out of friendship. Why should two friends not be able ro get married. They share love and commitment to. Friends are loyal to each other! So.. why not?

But it's not just those LGBT activist that are angry about this. Funny how you leave out the condemnation from the conservative side.

• Why would I mention the obvious? Of course anti-gay -marriage people are gonna oppose a gay marriage

• Than you should have used the words some in front of LGBT activists.

• No I don't. I don't have to assume that people can't use basic logic

• We'll I can understand (I myself am pan sexual). It desensitized our effort. It makes people think we're just playing around and that we're not serious. Also it makes being gay like it's something just trendy and that we're not actually gay.

• Better to be seen as something trendy than soemthing to be hated

• To be accepted

• And celebrated

• Because they fought and still continue to fight to get married. And they made a joke of it.

• So? People do this kinda shit with straight marriage too.

• The only thing shocking is that people have such low self esteem that they care. Gay people seem to have less self esteem now than they did when a lot of straight people hated them

• They married under false pretenses. That's why the LGBT is going crazy because that is not what they fought for.

• It kinda is what they fought for. If marriages shouldn't be valid cause the people involved aren't in love or aren't having sex, you know how many straight marriages should be invalidated especially after a few years? A LOT

• No they didn't

• yeah they did. Marriage as we know it basically didn't exist till a few decades ago. It was so different than what we have now you might as well call it something completely different

• I'm answering anon as I know I'll get a lot of flak for it.

I'd ask why are the LGBT activists getting angry at the so-called sham marriage? Its high time they got back their due for making a mockery of marriage through same-sex marriages. Nature's justice.

• I thought marriage was about love, not about genitalia. And you know what's making a real mockery of marriage?
      -Drive-through chapels
      -Shows like "Married at First Sight"
      -The divorce rate which is skyrocketing day by day. More marriages end in divorce than not.
      -Married people who cheat
      -People who marry to get a green card

The divorce rate for same sex couples is actually half that of heterosexual couples.

"... but but but but but they both have penises and god said, its like, bad... and, uh, uh, I think it is, but I don't really know because I don't think I just read a 3,500 year old book! "

• And while you're at it, please block me as well. You may call yourself "good samaritan", but you're the opposite. You're a bigoted elitist who treats homosexuals as second class people. Bye bye, itsme_hatefulhomophobe.

• @SandPlanet Sure, I'll make your wish come true. LOL.

• Because its marital fraud. They're marrying to win a trip. Oh well though. To each their own

• No it's not. It's legal there

• So? ... if 2 gay men can get married... so can 2 straight men

• I didn't say they couldn't. He asked why it bothers people, and it bothers people because two people who are not in love and marrying for a stupid reason is, plainly, stupid. There used to be sanctity to marriage. A marriage is about LOVE not gender and not winning a free trip. @Johnyoo

• wut? as part of the LGBT community, I'm not mad or anything. lol.

• I agree who cares, people in the military so this same crap and nobody cares.

• Which is why I think any legal adults should be able to have a civil union with the state and marriage should be a private ceremony with your religious group or family.

• I agree, Anon. Legal marriage and religious/ceremonial marriage are two completely different things, and should be treated as such.

What Guys Said 10

• Hey if there's no rules against them being heterosexual then it's all fair game. Maybe they should put that in the rules beforehand. Besides, look at how many heterosexual between men and women weddings are clearly for other reasons outside of love as it is. It's of course gonna happen on the homosexual side. So honestly, unless it messes with a person's wedding directly, we can't judge what people marry for.

• I don't see the freak out for this. Men and women got married for even less or worse reasons and my guess is that gays do the same just any heterosexual people.
    At least they are happy about it right, this is the best way to be truly BFF's, getting hitched.

• 2 str8 guys married? WTF? if they're married weren't suposed to be gay?

• If a man and a woman married to win tickets, there would be no story at all. Sometimes people get married for benefits... it's not at all uncommon. I can see why the conservatives wouldn't like this, but I personally feel LGBT supporters should quit their bitching. The guys aren't making a mockery out of gay people, they're just making a mockery out of marriage.

• Who are we to judge these two men, who obviously are committed to each other. Marriage now is whatever two people (for now, I guess) say it is.

• Wait, so now we can marry our straight guy friends and still be straight? Hold on, I gotta give someone a phone call...

• haha this is crack up as, goes to show what us kiwis do for some free tickets to a rugby game. rugby is our nations sport. who cares gays can still get married so why cry about it.

• Gays are hated by some people, straight people are not. So it's definitely for them.

• I don't care who you marry. It's none of our damn business. The LGBT's can bitch and whine all they want, but what's done is done. Their bitching won't change a thing.

• Lmao this is hilarious!! ... I knew the LGBT community would go up in flames if this happened... these guys obviously love each other and are fully committed to it :D