How on earth can a marriage proposal decline ever happen?

This is happened according to this video at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPkxzHKLpk

Though this is rare and pretty embarassing, how is a man that clueless as to not be 100% sure the answer will be ''yes''?

Most Helpful Girl

• thats what makes it a question.. bc you're not sure. also why its dumb. something that big affecting both people should just be drawn to a consensus between both parties. really idiotic to turn it into a proposition since everyone is involved sacrificing making an effort.

anyhow he got a no. he asked and it could be yes or no. he got an answer.

• Yes, it should have been talked about in advance. Usually if a man proposes is because he read signs that the woman wants marriage and is ready. Makes me think the guy either didn't know his gf too well at all and thought she felt the same he did or he's terrible in reading signs.

What Guys Said 2

• Self delusion is a powerful drug. Have you ever watch "American Idol" or any other competition show? People honestly think they are great! So much so that they will tell experts they are wrong!

Same way in dating. If you don't communicate, either side might be building up something in their head that doesn't exist.

To answer your question, no couple with good open communication would be put in this position.

• True, there must have been a total lack of communication. If he would have talked to her in advance and knew she wasn't ready or simply didn't want marriage, it would have saved him from this embarassment.

I'm assuming they must have broken up the next day, right after the guy finishing with his beer.

• Some times women lie about how they feel.

What Girls Said 2

• I was at the receiving end of something very similar to this. Something I wasn't intending to be public. I spoke to him in private, and the guy ended up making it public (adding his own lies to it) and humiliating me. I can totally understand what that guy is going through!

• OMG!! Poor guy, and I guess you can never be 100% sure, you just need to take the risk, but it is better for the girl to say no then than saying yes because she's pressured to do so and then never really being happy

• Agree. More than likely, they broke up the next day. Don't think that relationship recovered from that.

• Who knows, strange things can happen