How young, is too young to get married?

I have a friend who is getting married right when she turns 18. Is that too young? Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• My grandparents got married at 18 and 19 as soon as my grandfather could afford a ring, but that was also about 50 years ago. In todays world many people will say you shouldn't get married until your 30's or at all even, personally I think its a matter of being independent and financially secure enough to support a family, for some that could be 20, and others never hit that point.

What Guys Said 3

• For women? Under 18. For men? Under death.

• I guess so!!! You need more experience to choose the right partner. You won't have that by 18. My cousin got married at 19. Divorced in two month cause they couldn't get along. They weren't right for each other and they didn't know it.

• Yes 18 is very young to get married.

It has to do with your mentality & maturity.

What Girls Said 8

• I think teenagers 18 or younger. Back in the day it wasn't as bad because they weren't as open or crazy like the youth is today. They were much more mature and understood what marriage was about. I think it's too young I know a lot of young people who got married, are separated, got pregnant, hate each other but have to be happy for their kid (s). They admitted to rushing into something that was in the puppy love stage instead of dating a little longer. It wasn't like they were dating for a year or something but grew up liking each other and dated for years as teens. It may be true for most young couples but perhaps there are mature and true love stories out there even at a young age, it's rare now a days but possible.

• I mean if you're really in love I guess it doesn't matter. I hope to marry between 23-25 but if i was truly madly deeply in love at 21, thats cool too

• I think she might be too young, but it depends on each person. First, you should grow up, be somewhat mature, have a job, a career (if you want to), know how to make your own way in the world...

• My parents married at 20 and 21 had me a year later and then divorced when I was three. I don't think anyone should get married before 25.

• Oh no.. That's way too young. Marriage is a big responsiblity that will possibly change your life.

• No I've been married since 15 and everythings perfect.

• Yes it's too young. I did that and it wasn't a wise choice. Tell her to try moving in together and acting married first. Not much changes after that if they do decide to get married. Its really just a piece of paper.

• Yeah I think I'm too young. I'm 19 and have met the love of my life and we're moving in together next year, but in my opinion there's no rush because if he truly is the love of my life then he'll still be there for me when I am ready to get married officially.
    I personally don't think you should get married until you have your own lives in order.