What would you say about a Christian women marrying a Jewish man?

im Christian and my ex is Jewish, we recently started rekindling again and talking about the future. were currently best friends we actually made a pact not to ever leave each other. anyways marriage came up and i see him as a husband and he sees me as a wife. were kinda way to young to even get serious about that. but we were thinking. what you say about that Christian women and Jewish man?

Most Helpful Girl

• You consider marriage - therefore you consider the potential of how you raise a family - how do you wish to raise your family, Christian or Jewish?

You are still extremely young to be thinking into marriage. I would guess 16 or 17?

There is something very intimate about having a life partner that you can share ALL aspects of your life with, and that includes your faith.

Just be honest with yourself and him before pursuing anything life changing for either of you.

• yeah 16 lol. but do those religions clash? like would it be a problem? i mentioned it to him and he tells me not to worry

• To those who read this and get upset - i apologize. I am just going based off of what I was taught and I don't mean to offend anyone. Religion is a delicate topic. Feel free to chime in with any knowledgeable points.

• Thank you for MH

What Guys Said 6

• I'd have a feeling things would be complicated because you each may want to marry in each other's faith. A lot of the times heavily religious couples try to "convert" each other. You won't have problems like pre-marital sex issues but you will have problems with how the ceremony goes and such and under which faith your vows are placed under.

• well he's already lost his virtue so yeah... but say we join the ceremony or have like two. but parents wise and religious events like how would that work?

• I'm not sure what "lost virtue" means and I was basically raised in a catholic school for my childhood.

But overall you'd have to work that out with him directly. I know a couple that compromised on their beliefs and I've read online of people trying to convert each other. It's really specific to the person.

• i'd say to both to abandon their religions

• I am not hugeley religious so I wouldn't really have a opinion on it form a theisistic point of view, but hey if you guys think it could have worked I wouldn't have stopped it

• No one should care, and more importantly it's something only for both your consideration other people need to stay out of your relationship unless you directly ask them (like you have here) to be involved in giving an opinion.

• Interreligious relationships don't work unless both parties don't take their religions seriously or don't take their relationship seriously.

• Emm, that's kinda similar, but hugely different. Christians believe Jesus Christ was the promised messiah, and Jews believe the messiah will come one day.

So according to you, he's hell bound because Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the light--no man comes to the father but by me." And according to him, you're worshiping a mere man, not the son of God.

• and this is wear religion becomes complicated because wasn't Jesus a Jew. and christians do believe that God will come. I'm really confused to be honest...

• The Jews don't believe Jesus was the messiah. They believe that the messiah is yet to come and atone for the sins of man.
      Christians believe the messiah has already come, Jesus, and atoned for man's sins by his death on the cross. They believe his second coming is soon, where he will judge the world and reign.

What Girls Said 2

• Who cares it's the modern age. I didn't even know people cared about that anymore. If people idea of your relationship is more important than your relationship then there's a problem

• Religious difference matter most when it comes to children. As long as you're in agreement about how to raise children, your religious differences shouldn't matter.