What do you think of instant marriages or people getting married without dating they actually do this in some countries like Denmark?

Its not an arranged marriage like say in India the women can reject the instant marriage proposals. its like this in my culture too in Kurdistan you talk to your father or mother and they talk to the woman's parents and ask for their son to marry their daughter. In other words the man's parents ask if he could marry the woman you want and talk to that woman's parents for you. Or you just ask the woman's parents if you could marry her.

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents got married within a month or something stupid like that. Been married 43 years now.
    My dad says any relationship will work out if both people can learn to adjust and adapt.

For me, no. Not gonna happen. It's gotta be a year or two minimum. Just aspects of friends and families, and my own parents marriages frighten me away from making any sudden decisions. I don't want to ever divorce, and I need to know I won't be in an unhappy marriage for 40/50 years.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Do they at least get into find out what the person is like?

• Yeah they get engaged first

• Nope, Why do you wanna know so bad?

• Just message it to me I won't tell because I hate when people play keep away from me. Its not like I can do anything if I knew where you are originally from.

• I wouldn't want to do it. That's kinda what my parents did in a way they only dated for 3 months, but 6 weeks was long distance so they really only dated for 6 weeks before they got married.
    I always felt like my parents never should have gotten married in the first place. They didn't know each other well enough and were never really compatible they just didn't get separated until they absolutely had to because neither one really believes in divorce (you know until my dad became an alcoholic and abusive. That's the exception, but just because you don't get along with someone they don't believe in it).

Because of my parents I actually have a personal rule that I have to date someone for at least 18 months before we get engaged and be engaged and live with them for at least 9 months after that that was I KNOW they're the one for sure.

I think it's a cultural thing though. I'm American and what my parents did is considered very weird here (they were planning to be engaged for 2 years, but the military was going to station my dad in Japan and my mom in Germany if they weren't married so they rushed their marriage) maybe where you're from my way is weird though

• I live in America have been for almost my whole life I just put Iraq in my description cause that was where I was born. And yeah it is considered weird in Iraq to date, but that doesn't mean instant marriage wouldn't work for you my parents did it and they are very happy with each other they have been married for over 27 years. I understand your way of thinking and I respect cause of how that experience effected you cause of your parents doing that, but think of it this way there is no wrong way or right way of doing it look at the divorce rates here in America and they date before they get married. If it would work it would work regardless of how you approached it.

• Still moreso eastern Europe and there aren't very many Eastern Europeans on this site either most are from Italy and more west

• I'd beg to differ to be honest I have been on here for a long time I have seen Danish people here, Swedish, Irish, Scottish, Finland etc. all over the world I can even give you GAG names if you want.

• stupidest topic ever

• But what if one of them is abusive?

• She still has the right to say yes its her choice its just considered well mannered to ask her parents first.

• My parents did it and it worked and a lot of people have been doing it and it works what do you think of that?

• I think you are more likely to end up with a psycho without knowing the person first.

What Guys Said 3

• I really dont see how that could work out. I mean there's a lot of reason why it couldn't work. Ex's , different interests and expectations, their personality differences etc. One of my colleagues parent's we're married like that, but they seem happy. But thats pretty rare. Maybe they dated before marrying

• I know it works cause that is what my parents did and in my culture that is what a lot of people do and it works.

• I think that's stupid nonsense.

• F***ing stupid.