How long is YOUR ideal length of time dating before getting married?

Not what you think is best for everyone, just what do you like, what is your preference. Nothing is right or wrong in a sense, it's what you want. Specify how long you'd like to date before getting married. And if you are married, just pick your choice upon your preference or what actually happened if you'd like :)

• Less than a year
  • 1-2 years
  • 2-4 years
  • More than 4 years
  • Don't want to get married

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not someone who needs time when it comes to relationships. It is funny because I am generally very indecisive person. lol but when it comes to relationship, I know what I want and I am happy about it.
    Of course to know someone completely takes lots of time. Sometimes, even after years, you might not that person fully.
    But I want to keep a little bit mystery about relationship, so not so long not so short seems cool to me. I say nothing more than 2 years to get married.

What Girls Said 13

• I figure 2-4 years is good. 3 years is the good time I guess lol

It'll be 6 years total before I get married. Between you and me, I'd have married him the day he turned 18, yes, I'm slightly older. But I suppose allowing the poor boy to be able to have a glass of wine at his wedding is worth waiting for. :p

• I'm okay with getting engaged after 1 year, but I'd want to wait at least 2 before getting married.

• ooo ok for me it would probably have to be at least 3 years so ill go with C =]

• 2 - 4 years is a good amount of time.

• Around 3 years but I don't really want to be married before 24. 4yrs seems like too long and 2 almost too short... but really, who knows I'm pretty indecisive.

• I never thought I'd get married.. But, seeing that the only way for my boyfriend and I to move in together is for us to be married (He's training for the army). In May we will have been together for two years and when we do get married we will have been together about 2-3 years (:

• At least five years. In order for me to know I want to spend the rest of my life with someone (which is hopefully a really long time), I need to be absolutely positive.

• Over 4 years.. Probablyy the end of the 4 years i get engaged and then the 5th year get married..

• I'd prefer a couple of months.

• I think 2-4 years is a good amount of time to really get to know someone

• 3 days ;) Kidding, I don't plan that kinda stuff.

• We dated for 1.5 years before he proposed and married a little after the 2 year mark.

• 18 months of dating + 9 months of engagement/living together.
    I know that's just a tad over 2 years in total, but for the sake of your question I voted 1-2 years because that's the point at which I think it's ok to discuss marriage, but as far as the actual wedding I strongly believe in living together first and being engaged for at least 6 months minimum

What Guys Said 3

• Generally speaking I guess I'd go with at least 2 years, at most 5 (if you don't wanna marry someone after 5 years, why the fug you with them?).
    But it really depends on the girl, the situation (money, career status, location), and how ready I'd be to commit to that one girl in all aspects for the rest of my life.

• I'd probably propose and get married after 2-3 years.

• At least 100 years