Why are there more single moms than single dads?

Most Helpful Guy

• Carrying a baby and the pain of birth create a strong bond. Guys just see a chick who got fat.

• That's not what I see, if it's my child especially I see the result of my seed and find it an amazing work of nature

• Sure, if it's intentional lol

• well either way doesn't change that it's my kid or the amazing work of nature, if it's unintentional though it can suck, still a blessing but unfortunate lol

What Girls Said 5

• I would have thought that was so obvious... It's the guys who do the running, leaving the woman holding the baby.

• @hopefuldancer... Great minds think alike. :)

@Asker... That Sir, is indeed highly commendable of you... I applaud you. :)

• My wanting to be soon to be ex husband is trying to run right now. He thought it would be easy to get me to leave. Lol! He had another thing coming. He's pissed I didn't leave like he thought I would. If this counseling doesn't work out then I'll leave and he can run all he wants.

• Speaking for my area, it's mainly because of the courts and bias judges. There's a lot of excellent dads out there that aren't given the same chance as the moms. I've seen numerous cases of dads vs moms in the court room where it was a matter of a child support paying dad fighting for visitation of his children. Though he has the legal right to do so, he's quickly told to obtain a lawyer (which most after support can't afford) and showed the door. As for mom (if she even shows up) exits with social services right behind her. I've seen a LOT of different situations where given the chance to prove his case (without an expensive lawyer) it's clear to see the child would be better off with dad. There always going to be bad dads and bad moms but our courts are by no means fair. The children then suffer.

• The guys didn't decided to stick around. Or no contraception used.

• Mostly, the guys don't want the responsibility of the child.

• Because most guys be like http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/nwat.gif

What Guys Said 4

• I would say the courts probably. My dad was making 65k a year as a highway patrol and my mother was a stay at home mom when my parents got divorced and they both fought for custody but my mom got us.
    The way the court saw it if my mother kept us kids then we would still have a mother and my father could still pay for our upbringing via child support.
    I wish my crazy mother had not gotten custody of us but its not like my dad couldve watched us and held his job at the same time.
    It is funny to me how independent women demand equal pay when there are a lot of women out there who solely rely on money earned by fathers. What happens when competition is increased and concerned fathers cannot find a high enough paying job to support his evil ex?

• because women are able to take the children away from the men courtesy of our legal culture

• One thing that annoys me is how women get custody and the choice of aborting or keeping the child because it is her body, but men have no say in pregnancy even though it also took our seed to make it. (People seem to think that the mothers are all immaculately concepted lol)

• lol my pet favorite is how they get to milk your finances for 18 years on whim, hence turning you into a slave

• 1) Women are almost always de facto given custody of children in the USA
    2) Some dads opt to split, moms are usually less resistant
    3) Easier for men to impregnate someone, leave and not have to deal with the consequences (they don't have to carry a baby)
    4) Women with children can get welfare benefits and free housing, harder for dads

Probably a couple I'm missing, but those are big ones.

• Women win custody like a 80% more often than males