Marriage at a young age!! Agree or Disagree?

After high school would it be a good idea to be engaged? Marriage at a young age!! Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can look up the statistics yourself, but it goes like this.
    If a woman is under 25 at the wedding, the divorce risk increases. It's somewhere over 50% if she is under 20, compared to about 44% average divorce rate.
    Divorce risk also increases if the bride only has high school education.

The husband's age makes no difference.
    I wouldn't advise any couple to get married without having at least 4 years of relationship before the wedding.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally speaking it is a really bad idea.
    There are special cases that I'd say wouldn't be a bad idea

• All of my friends who married before 20 were divorced by 25. A person is still finding themselves at that age. You put two people who are finding themselves and being exposed to new concepts and ideas will inevitably grow in different directions.

• Not a good idea according to me. First of all you aren't mature enough and no relationship at that age is certain to last. Sure it works for some, but most of them fail.

• That's hot!

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's all that bad, as long as it's for the right reasons. I have a friend who is getting married right out of highschool and they've already had sex so it's not like it's for that reason but they simply love each other.

• I wouln't mind getting married in my early twenties If I found the right person. Some people would argue that you need to live your life before you get married and travel etc. but I believe that If the man I loved was "the one" then I'd rather travel and explore the world with him by my side.

• Marriage at a young age these days tends be for the wrong reasons. Don't do it.

• It all depends! get married if you believe you have found the one. what better time that the present?

• Everyone who gets married thinks they have "found the one". Even some who don't get divorced (probably 50% of them) realize later, and too late, that they were wrong.