Why people get married? What is your reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never again! After a year of separation my ex wife came and took my car away. Nothing I could do about it. She's entitled to half and she's got another year to claim what she wants.

• lol sorry about that

• To answer the question though, marriage is tradition. It caught on once upon a time and now people think it's wrong not to get married. I think its kind of silly really, if you want to be with someone just be with them, a lot less paperwork.

• Thanks for MHO didn't expect that.

What Guys Said 5

• Because in this age when people are changing partners as easily as changing clothes, emphasizing sex over emotional bonding etc., marriage consolidates their relationship to a certain extent. Of course people get divorced too, but marriage offers a level of security higher than just a relationship anyway.

• I think tradition, religion, to public state "we are a couple and we are serious", and finally because some (mostly women) love to feel like little princesses and it's an opportunity to be celebrated in a big dress.

• i wonder the same thing LOL. I find marriage stupid peronaly, and i will NEVER NEVER NEVER marry

• Marry in haste and repent at leisure.

• It doesn't sound romantic, but I want a partner to help me in life, and a source of sex. The whole being in love thing I think has more to do with Hollywood than reality. Love is about making sacrifices for someone else, which is where the part of having a life partner comes in.

• makes sense

• I agree with all you said, except you don't need marriage for that.

I live with my GF she helps me in my life, she is a source for sex and we live together, but still we are technically not married.

What Girls Said 4

• All of my reasons would probably be seen as selfish. Times are changing so people would probably be less likely to get married in the future. My reason is so that I'll have a foundation for children, A husband to spend my life with ( I hate going from relationship to relationship, I love long-term), ill have someone to take care of me and even though divorces are up on the rise I'll worry less about him leaving me one day like in a realationship because you are bounded to that person. these are probably reasons that people do it some people marry for money or status

• I want to get married because it is God's design for a male-female romantic relationship.
    Benefits include relationship stability, a constant companion, a stable environment for raising children, etc.

• As for myself, love.

• Because in the society we live in it's just plain easier to have kids as a married couple than it is "single" (you know in a committed long term relationship, but in our society all the paperwork you fill out would say "single" if you aren't married)