Guys: what do you expect out of a wife?

What do you see a wife's responsibilities are and what makes the perfect partner?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm making this up on the spot so, here goes...

1.) Never stops loving me.
    2.) Wants me to be happy.
    3.) Committed to making the marriage last.
    4.) Committed to keeping our sex life alive.
    5.) Willingness to sacrifice/comprise.
    6.) Makes me laugh.
    7.) Makes me feel emotionally safe.
    8.) Can make me feel horny whenever she wants ;)
    9.) Won't judge me for making these kinds of lists.
    10.) Smart/Interesting conversation.
    11.) Able to stand up to me (i. e. call me out on my bulls**t)
    12.) Remembers the big picture (I. e. we love each other so f**k the petty arguments)
    13.) See no. 1. Again. It's worth repeating.
    14.) Makes me want to do all of his for her too ;)

I don't really care who does cooking or cleaning or who (if anyone) stsys at home, we can work that out between us. I'm sure there's other stuff but I'm trying not to be too weird with the list. Although, that kinda is what you were asking for.

• I wish more men would see it this way.. instead of stereotypical "my wife will work, come home, clean my house, cook my food, take care of my children, please me in bed, then do it all over again tommorow." I loved this list. Well said. :)

• Awww this would be my list

• was gonna write my own list but this is pretty on point

What Guys Said 12

• Hmmmm, this made me think! Lol well I'd want her to smile and be happy when I drag in from work and make me forget all about it. WE would cook together and mix both our tastes into each meal. She'd be loyal, loving, caring, HAPPY, and supportive. We'd have a lot of the same interests so there would be few things we couldnt do together. She'd be by my side for everything we'd experience together in life. She'd be THE mother for my kids. If she did all of that, she'd be perfect :)

• attractive, smart, modest (not promiscuous), loyal, loving, makes me feel safe emotionally, fun to be with, good cook would be nice but isn't a requirement.

• the best wife is NO WIFE

• Love me, support me, listen to me, comfort me, always be the woman I fell in love with.

• Someone who is as loving and considerate to me as I am to her, which is gonna be a hell of a lot.

• Coolk and clean, help me with bills, back me 100 percent, be sweet with me at all times and much more

• So you see your wife working at her job to help you with the bills then coming home to cook for you and clean the whole house?

• I bought the whole house alone before I met her and I still have to do all that while she takes all her work money and does nothing for me and lives in the house rent free while I have to pay the other bills? That's a one way street. That will never happen.

• Why not? He already (I assume, just like me) goes to his work, comes home, cooks for himself, and cleans his own home. Is a woman not capable of the same thing?

• TO DO THM DAMN DISHES and cook!! nah I'm just kidding. i bet u were like oooooh no he didn't!! lol nah she has to be a friend before my love. someone who loves me for me and not my money

• Yes there are quite an amount of "gold diggers" out there... lol it's sad how money can break a marriage extremely quick, faster then adultery.

• Hehe oh yes I JUST DID!!! Haha its on. Lol

• bring it lol

• A complimentary or a close equal provider.

• Love and devotion, someone who is always there, and love me for who I am

• I like this comment a lot better.. lol people forget about love and appreciation more now then they did back then

• Glad you enjoy the comment

• make a damn good sandwich

• I do want kids, so that is really my biggest expectation. Overall I want a woman that will be flexible on her responsibilities depending on what would be best for our family. I don't really have a set list of responsibilities for her. The more power she wants the more responsibilities she will need to take on. If she wants the laundry done a certain way, then she can do it herself. Otherwise I will be doing it my way. If she just has to buy hand wash only dishes, then she is doing them herself, or I am putting them in the dishwasher. lol

In the case of my last relationship clear gender roles would have been a blessing. I was literally working 4 times as many hours as her, and she was complaining that I wasn't helping enough around the house. With a non crazy partner I don't think gender roles are necessary.

I really don't care if we both work, or if one of us stay home, assuming we can even afford to do that. I just want to have a happy family life, where we both contribute and don't have stupid fights about who is doing the most work.

What would make the perfect partner? Being able to communicate well, and realize that compromise does not mean always getting her way. Someone that believes in me during the times when I can't believe in myself. Values family time more than money. Extremely romantic. I am sure the list could go on and on.

• This was amazing and made me smile. Sounds like the perfect wife and a very understanding man. I hope you find her! :)

• a girl that shuts the fuk up lol women talk too much lol

• I really could of lived without seeing that inconsiderate cruel comment of yours.

• well can't turn back time so too late ROFL

What Girls Said 0