Young men in early 20s marrying girls 15 or 16 years old?

i theorize this works. i think slightly older males marrying girls that age works out good because those are key development stages and attachment and bonding is likely to be stronger. and older guys are more mature than boys those ages because males mature later than females.

• It works
  • No way
  • Other [explain]
Duck dynasty star phil robertson was 20 when he married his then 16 year old wife. The marriage runs strong

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 22 now and I'm still nowhere near ready to get married. I have so much more I want to accomplish and keep my focus on that I've never really thought much about it. At 16 I was still definitely too immature and hadn't experienced enough to know what I really wanted to do or where I wanted to end up. I wasn't even out of high school yet so I hadn't even started on everything I wanted to accomplish. I'm now in grad school which is very demanding of my time and I'm starting a full time job in a year so that's when I see myself really starting my life/career which is going to be in a new city. Starting a new job is going to demand a lot of my time and focus if I want to make sure I do well.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see an issue with getting married in your early 20's. But for Christ sake, wait until the girl is in her 20's. No 15 year old is prepared for the duties of a wife and a relationship as serious as marriage. Maybe they were way back in the day but not anymore.

• A child should not be getting married, point blank period. She should be busy having a CHILDHOOD.
    Girls do mature faster, but a 15 year old girl has hardly experienced life, is in high school, not even learning to drive yet, years from being able to vote, can't legally make her own decisions, and her prefrontal cortex is much less developed than the guy who is, say, 23, in college or been outta high school for 5 years, has established himself as his own person an an adult. There's just too many differences. There's a reason kids below 18 cannot legally consent to sex with an adult; the adult is FULLY CAPABLE OF MAKING A RATIONAL DECISION (in most cases) and the child is NOT. Therefore an adult having sex with a minor is thinking rationally and yet it choosing to take advantage of someone who cannot. It is predatory.

I'm 18 and now way in hell would I have wanted to be with a guy in his 20s at 15 and no way in hell would I ever watch that shit happen.

• Most "men" on this site who say that guys who are 25 should go for girls who are 15 and there's "nothing wrong with it" are usually the ones who want less intelligent and easily persuadable and manipulated young girls to toy with. Not cool.

• Actually marrying older, closer to 30 or higher, works out better for both partners.

• But they're both immature assholes, how the hell is it gonna work? You're getting kids to marry each other, you think being 20 is old? I've seen 25 year old boys act like they're 18.

What Guys Said 8

• I dont think a five year age gap matters in the long run... but a 20 year old marrying a 15 year old? Thats a young man marrying a girl. In the modern world I think a relationship like that is bound to turn out for the worst.
    If a 25 year old marries a 30year old though? fine. Both are adults. Both have probably finished education and established the sort of career they want, and both partners are likely emotionally mature enough to not be dominated by their partner.

• I think it will be counter-productive, when you see the divorce figures from those marriages.
    The man's age at the wedding is of little consequence.
    If a woman is under 25 at the time of her wedding, divorce risk increases. If she is under 20 or under 18, it increases a lot (almost double).

• My penis says yes, but my brain and heart say no.

• For both, that is far to young to be married. Date, screw each other silly, but do not marry until both of you are on the high side of 25.

• Why marry that young? Why marry girls that young? Have you tried teaching or managing kid those ages? They can difficult and annoying. Why not wait till they are 25 and your 30. At this point both are mature and hopefully financially stable

• Well, I guess that could work... a little early, though, don't you think?

• He must be a loser is what my thoughts are. She's must be pretty stupid too but at least she's young where its normal to make stupid decisions