Am I the only one that's scared of marriage? LOL?

I'm just scared of marriage. I don't know why... well wait... I do... I guess it's because of my parent's divorce... but still I don't want to get married... until... god knows when lol because I'm not ready for that at all. I don't think I'll be ready anytime in the future. Is this normal? Am I the only that feels like this? haha.-.

• Yes! I'm not scared of Marriage!
  • No! I'm terrified of marriage!
  • Other! (Explain Below)

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah me too. my parents are still married but their marriage is such crap. i would kill myself if i ever ended up in such a horrible situation.

i say... let's enjoy the single life as long as we can lol.

• Oh gosh that's what I'm afraid of I guess... having a horrible marriage :/ & I'm not single but I will enjoy live without being married. If that makes sense?:P

• lmfao. don't give in! ... don't let them wear you down... stick to your guns :D

• Oh imma stick to ma guns! :p 💪💪💪

What Guys Said 10

• I once believed I would never get married. I could only imagine my future as being a professional in some technical field. I wanted all my young life to be an airline pilot! It was a cool profession way back when.

Then something happened. I grew up! I met a very special girl and when I got to know her I realized that she was THE ONE.

Now I have been happily married (to the same woman :) ) for nearly 40 years! Has it been all peachy and rosy? Hell no, but the struggles were worth it. We have had 3 beautiful children and one precious baby granddaughter. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel I've been very lucky to have such a loving family, starting with that 20 year old girl I married.

We all have fears and apprehensions, but don't let that stop you from following your wishes. When the right man walks into your life, you will know it, and a whole new mindset will take hold. Don't be afraid to love and give your love.

I worry sometimes about the hopelessness that permeates the pages here on GAG. So much doubt, too much egotism. There are no guarantees in life except death and taxes. Hiding behind your fears will fester anxiety and remorse.

I hope that whatever you choose to do you will always be a happy girl. 😊

• no you're not alone... I HATE MARIAGE VERY VERY VERY MUCH1!!! I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER MARRY!

• Sometimes I'm afraid of divorce and it's consequences but I like to think that this is a good thing. It means whoever I marry will have to be special to convince me, and god knows, I want to be convinced!

Everything's a risk. When you hear happy marriage stories that last 3/4s of a person's life or look at the person you love, that must seem like a risk worth taking. It is a risk but with the potential rewards, with the right person it can be the best risk of your life.

• Actually i wanna get married sumday so that i can be close to ma cutie and stare @ her perrty face all day long *~*

• Anyone can be scared of the unknown, and a lot of people don't know how marriage works.
    For instance, my wife and I are no different married then when we were not married. We didn't add extra baggage.
    IMO, it seems like people don't know what the hell they're doing in a marriage.

• Just because there marriage didn't work, yours won't work aswell.. Get married settle down and have fun with your husband lol marry someone rich and down to earth (This will help you get away from marriage for at least 10 years or maybe never) :D

• i'm not scared. You will have a burning desire to marry when you find someone that is WORTH the risk.

• I can't say. I'm kinda indifferent about it because of how far away that seems.

• What marriage? I'm just a kid. It's illegal for me to marry :P

• I'm only scared that I'll marry a woman then like a few years later wake to the fact I married the wrong person.

• Thats my worst fear of marriage :o

• Sounds like we're on the same page. I guess we will have to take a risk at some stage. Hopefully we will both meet someone when it just feels right and this fear goes away. Fingers crossed.

What Girls Said 14

• Im 24 now and everyone's asking me when will I get married and i'm like 'Uhmm.. no' xD it scares me also but maybe if i find the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, that, would change my perception about marriage.

• I'm not scared of it. I just would rather not deal with it lol

• You're definitely not alone! My parents didn't exactly model the best marriage and also are divorced, so I'm very cynical about it. I don't think you need to be married to have a long-term, loving relationship though. To start a family, it does help though.

• Other than it not working out, what scares me is they will see all my weird habits/food combos. But if they accept that I suppose it's real love right?

• yeah thats life. full of surprises. I'm scared of committing to one person for the rest of life. i can't imagine that. people tell me you will do it because you really love that person. but remember you don't have to get married. i know people who have been together for years and not get married.

• You're not alone! I just cannot absorb and accept the idea that I will have to spend the rest of my life bound to just one person. It seems so scary and monotonous. At 18, I'm still only playing around to be honest. I don't even understand why most people my age are already committed to serious relationships lol

• Yes it's freaking scary 😑😳

• I'm not afraid of marriage. I just think the idea of a perfect marriage has been irretrievably broken down so I don't want to get married. Marriage means nothing these days.

• I'm sure you're not the only one. . . but getting married is pretty much one of my biggest dreams in life xD And I found the one I want, too. :3 I can't wait.

• You are not alone :) I think marriage is really scary! I can't understand how people willingly get married so young, I rather enjoy the single life.

• i'm not afraid

• I hate marriage, so I don't care.

• im not afraid in that way

im more... anxious? who am i gonna marry? is he a good person? ... etc

• I used to be afraid and not want to ever get married, but I think when you find the one that changes