Is it better to marry young (30)? Also tell us why or why not?

Is it better to marry young (30)?

• It's better to marry young. Before 25 years of age.
  • It's better to marry old. After 30 years of age.
  • Other (please elaborate)
  • I want to see the reults/ I don't know the answer to this question
@sparrow24: The question should read:
Is it better to marry young (before 25) or old (after 30)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted young. I personally want kids young (I want to have my first before I'm 27) so that probably skewed my vote significantly.

I want to be done having babies by the time I'm 34 at the absolute latest and then you have to think what if you have trouble conceiving? Doctors usually won't really look at you until you've tried for at least a year, then it can take another year to figure out what's wrong with you, then a whole year of pregnancy BAM before you know it you're 30. I want 2-3 kids spaced 18 months-3 years apart so yeah... it's already going to be an extremely tight squeeze with me waiting until 27 if anything is wrong fertility wise so I just want to prepare for the worst and start as early as I can financially.

At the same time I don't want to be that couple that gets married and starts trying to get pregnant immediately after. I want to enjoy married life without kids for 2 or more years before I start popping out babies as well.

So yeah, I'd prefer to get married around 22-25, spend some time with my husband for a while without kids, travel the world a little, then start having babies

What Girls Said 8

• It's not about age so much as maturity and finding the right person. I'm going to be married at 21 and that's perfect for me, my fiancĂ© and our relationship. There are other people that never want to or never should marry and that's fine for them. It's about doing what's right for you then your partner and then the relationship.

• I prefer young. You can do all I want to do married also and you get to spend more time alone before having children.
    And it'd be nice to have that kind of security already. Knowing there is someone always there who you can share your life with. Not having to worry about ending up alone and not wasting time in stupid clubs trying to fine someone. Also early stage of dating suck

• There are exceptions to every rule, but generally it's better to marry after the age of 25. I don't think people should get married until they're capable of caring for themselves, which doesn't usually happen before then. I won't even be done with school until I'm like 26-27 which means I likely won't be settled in a career until around 30

And that's assuming there are no hiccups along the way.

• Everyone matures at different stages, and has various circustances, so i dont think pressure should be put on anyone to get married at a certain age, i think a person knows themselves if they are ready to get married regardless of their age, some people marry young and it lasts, some people marry when they are older and it doesn't last, and vice versa, so i think its wrong for society to put pressure on people if they aren't married by a certain age, or make them believe their marriage will be a failure if they marry young, there is pros and cons marry younger and older, its a decsion an individual has to make , based on how they feel abd their circumstances etc

• The good thing about a young marriage is that you basically raise each other into becoming successfull getting first house and all that. Its amazing if you have the right partner for that. There are no cons except that many people marry the wrong one and or are too immature yet

• Your brain hasn't fully developed until your 25.. your personality, what you look for in a partner and your goals for life can still change during that time.. so it's better to marry after 25, when everything is 'set in stone'.

• Even after 25 your interests can still change, your goals can still change, it isn't 'set in stone'. Your brain isn't fully developed until you're 25 but that's it. The brain plastic, it is ever changing, so you might be able to make better decisions given past experiences and may be able to be more rational but that's it.

• for me, between 27-29
    it's not too young or too old to marry and have babies =)

• Marry whenever you think it's right for you to get married, whether it's young, normal age or old. I personally want to get married between 23-25. I see no point in waiting especially since I have found 'the one'.

What Guys Said 2

• I would say after 28 years of age is a good place to marry. And it's better to be slightly later than slightly earlier. After all I consider marriage as just a ceremony. If a couple wanted to be together they can be together, even without marriage. But since marriage is not a decision one can easily reverse, delaying it is preferable than rushing it.

• I choose in between those two.