Is it okay for my wife to go out at night while I'm home sleeping?

My wife wants to go out to have a drink with her female friend at first she asked me if I want to come my respond was negative since is Thursday and we need to be up at 5am to go to work, she stated well then go to sleep and I'll go have a drink or that's wrong? My respond was of course is wrong to be out late at night drinking/relaxing while I'm home sleeping. Am I wrong or am I right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Going out with girlfriends for a drink highly correlates to cheating. It will be the friend who eggs her on when a cute guy approaches your wife, saying "go on, he'll never know, and he was being such an asshole about not going out, ... etc"

Also, google "gene-shopping" "cheaing" "cuckold"

Check out this article: doccool.com/cheated-on-husband-for-better-genes/

Have fun raising someone else's kids.

What Girls Said 10

• so because you're sleeping, she can't leave the house? I just don't see the logic here. I would think she should stay home and sleep because she needs to be up early in the morning, but maybe she wanted some social stimulation idk... I just don't see what the big deal is about you sleeping

• You're wrong. You can't go and she can, why does that mean she doesn't get to? You're being really childish.

• Seriously? Your upset because she wants to go out with her friend and have some drinks? Since you don't want to go you expect her not to go either? She's a grown woman and if she wants to go have some fun then she has every right to do that. If she knows she has to be at work early in the morning I'm pretty sure she isn't going to get drunk and skip work.
    If you guys are married then you should trust her to know that she is responsible enough to know what she is doing and she will be coming home to you later on.

If she was going out every single night than I can see why it would bother you but don't be an asshole and make her feel bad about going without you. Being apart for a little is a good thing.

• she's not your servant or your child. she's free to leave the manor unattended lol. she asked you. you weren't interested,

you're like the kid at5 the party who had the ball and has to go home and won't let anyone play with it if he cant.

• Nothing wrong with it. I used to do it as well when I was married. As long as it doesn't become a habit what's the harm? She's allowed to hang out with friends too

• If you trust her let her do it. She just wants to have a little fun. there's nothing wrong with it

• She did ask you And you declined.. I get your point of the time you have to wake up... But that's up to her she's the one that's going to be tired not you..

• I wouldn't want my guy to have drinks with his bro while i'm sleeping at home.

• She invited you.. you rejected her.

She can do whatever she wants she's a grown woman you can't tell her what she can and can't do.

If she wanted to cheat on you then she wouldn't have asked you if you wanted to come.

You don't have to be there watching over her 24/7. You're her husband not her father

• Let the woman go out, she's not a child, she doesn't need you to go along and keep an eye on her. Sleep and let her go with her friend, sheesh.

What Guys Said 9

• It always starts off that way, and you will be invited. At that stage, it's still harmless.
    Next, she will be finding reasons why you can't be invited (it's girls only, or something).
    Next, she'll be cheating.

I've seen it all before. If her friends are single or divorced, it always goes that way.

• If she wanted to go to a coffee shop with her friend instead of a bar, would you be okay with that? If it was a book club, would you be okay with that? Is it about the activity or the absence?

If it's about her not being there with you, just talk to her about that. Maybe a schedule shift is in order.

If it's about the activity, my guess is you're worried about men hitting on her. If that's the case you need to join her now and then. Make it known in the bar she frequents that you are her husband and she's not there to get picked up.

If you're worried about her cheating on you then man, that's a much bigger problem than her doing things without you.

• You're wrong if the reason you believe it's inappropriate is because you're at home sleeping.

• ? Depends?

If your traditional guy, yes wrong.

If you have looser standards / trust wife / don't give a damn it is OK.

• You're wrong. How come you don't want ur wife to spend some quality time with her friend?

• LOL, you probably think she's gonna cheat on you... but there isn't much wrong with it, i dont want my girl partying and drinking around a bunch of guys either.

• She's a big girl. She can do what she wants.

• At your age? That's fucking weird.

• Why wouldn't she just do something earlier in the day with her friend say happy hour somewhere or coffee? I would think she would rather be at home with you at night.