Female spiders mate and then kill the Male Spider!?

Ok so it's believed that when a female spider finds a husband, they mate and after she gives birth to her children she kills the husband spider and eats him.

Which makes me think..

In the olden days males handled the financial needs of the family and the females took on the domestic duties.. In the now present, females can work along side men.. But what could happen 20 years from now? Females are working and probably won't need a man to support her financially.. But she will need to "mate" but when she has given birth she might not want the guy.. she has her own money etc etc. Marriage might not exist, it just might be agreed upon two people (without the prenups, and the paper to prove it) just like animals they just pick who they want to be with and mate and batta bing batta boom..

Are females more likely to "kill and eat" there partners 20 years from now?

Opinions..

lowres.jantoo.com/...overs-spider-12236672_low.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• Unlikely because in some species of spiders the females are the more dominant sex. They are physically larger and stronger than the males. However, our species homo sapiens the male is generally is the more dominant sex. Human male is physically more larger and stronger than females.

Also in the world population the males outnumbers the females. Basically many industries are male dominated, there will be cases of a self sustaining women without a need of a man but generally many more women wouldn't.

What Guys Said 19

• Also praying mantises are the same way. The female bites off the head of the male after sex.

http://i.imgur.com/GGyW7r9.jpg

• They already are like that! They're called 'feminists.' And you'd be surprised at how little things change just because women have jobs!

Now, the 'alpha' women, they're even worse than the female spiders!

Actually, the male spider skedaddles after mating, and isn't usually eaten.

• It's all about evolution. Everything evolves, comes full circle, ends and evolves again. So goes the game. Evolution happens for the better or the worse but happens for sure ;-)

What you describe is something that's been on my mind since my teens and I must say I do see it happening in the future the way you describe it :-)

• 2 decades from now I would like to that with the playing fields will have evened out, like you have stated where the women won't need men & what not but I still think the idea of having someone there for you, caring for you being able to fully communicate their thoughts, feelings and actions will always be there for some. The bar on how we get along however will be at a higher level of importance to a relationship if children are agreed upon by BOTH parties or hell just to be in a long term r/s or just something serious. I would also like to hope the games that are being played now will be less for both sexes. Because real talk, woman can jus walk into a sperm bank and pick the possible genes they want their kids to have rendering men almost out of the whole relationship with children in mind process.

• Yeah true that. It's not about the money, or a child but someone to admire and cherish memories being made with 👍 NOICEEEEE! 😁😋

• @Asker - not money or child someone to admire and cherish memories being made, I thought that's the whole idea of a relationship, has shit changed already? hahaha someone's bringing it back huh? I'm just NOICING your NOICE!

• They could go to the sperm bank
    rs1img.memecdn.com/...-fun-they-said_o_1723505.jpg
    Other than that, I can only think of one thing they would be allowed to eat.

• basically how can you understand spider's psychology?

• The female spiders kill eat their mate, immediately after sex.
    Wives don't normally kill their husband. They just take all his assets and make him wish he was dead, and offer nothing in return.

• Marriage being non existent in 20 years? It wouldn't surprise me.

Destroying the family has been the agenda of the new world order for decades.

• Lol. That'll only happen if the government starts giving women a minimum wage.

Because even today, for a woman to be completely on her own and raising children, she literally has to outsource the raising of her own children, via a daycare/nanny, like that.

And children of single women usually do way worse, on average, compared to husband/wife.

• Yeah that's true but it's believed it's important to be with your child for the first couple of years.. So maybe if she took leave? To care for the little one? Lol I don't know.. Was thinking about this lastnight.. Lmfao 🙈

• Then the only way that works is if the government flat out pays women a nice huge sum for every child they have... in which case, women would still be living off men's work. Just, they would be free to slut it up instead of having to commit to one man and love/respect him.

• Yeah if they could get by with it they might what do you think about this?

• I'm just thinking females who can earn money like men, wouldn't want a man in her life but a child.. But like @Rcjh1987 said maybe not to feel lonely? I don't know lol

• Hehe I know just putting out there so people don't think I'm a killer hahah 🙈

• lol

,,,,,,,,,

• @misscoffeehead have u seen the femme fatales in those 1980s and 90s movies where the guy usually ends up with a knife stabbed in is back during sex and then dies... its kinda mean and weird at the same time also a very sneaky and cheap move but in reality except for few women not every one is like that... so its safe to say women don't usually despose of men after sex

• Yeah I saw that.. I actually can't believe women do that though.. It's disturbing 😐

• Yeah well there you go.. ☺️

• there u go the guy drops dead :P

• No fucking way... Maybe if there was a rise of Amazoness futanaris...

• Uhm... no?

• Are you trying to say my future wife will kill me and eat me after we have a boy and a girl? What kind of sick joke is this? Mind is so full of fuk right now... I don't even...

• not in 20 years
    and civilized people should be honest about their intentions
    And the law should change. If in artificial insemination the later responsibilities of the father can be agreed up on, why not that in natural insemination?

• Isn't all that already happens under FWB?:D

• For sure... it's already happening!

• How high are you right now? Seriously, on a scale of one to the moon

• They're doing it already. It's called alimony.

What Girls Said 5

• Being supported financially shouldn't be the primary reason a woman is with a guy, anyway. There's a term for that, it's a gold digger. And not all women are gold diggers. So the only way that theory would come true was if the vast majority of the female population became gold diggers.

• What happens if the females were financially stable.. There are a lot of independent women in the world right?

• I agree. I doubt all women will turn into gold diggers, though. At least I hope not, haha.

• Haha I hope not to sweetheart 😊

• Not all spiders do that, primarily the black widow and some types of turantulas. All spiders however are territorial enough to become cannibals. As for people, some women already do this and that's why there's tv shows like Scorned: Love Kills and Deadly Women.

• Ooo that's a tv show? (Love kills and deadly women?)

• There's a lot of disturbing cases they talk about but that had to be the most sick and gruesome I've heard so far.

• Sounds interesting to watch.. But it would leave me with an unsettling stomach 😐

• Player player player... But seriously we like the companionship

• i find that the more social services available to women, the less likely people are to marry

that said, i don't think your scenario will happen. many women will still want man's love and protection.

• Wouldn't doubt it.