Should I propose to my girlfriend?

I'm 28 and my girlfriend is 20. We've been together for over 2 years. We are both in love with each other. My parents like her and her parents like me. I'm sure I want to marry her. I'm the only real relationship she has ever been in and I'm only her 2nd sexual partner. I'm worried that if we get married at some point she is going to want to sleep with other people. I've had plenty of relationships and sex partners so I'm sure I'm ready to settle down. But when I was her age it was a completely different story. I was just getting started then. She says that she's sure I'm the one she wants to be with for the rest of her life and she wants to have my children. I know if I proposed that she would say yes. I just don't want to have any troubles 5 years down the road if she realizes she missed out on dating other guys and stuff. I love her enough to where I'm willing to let her take a break so she can date other people. Should I mention this to her? What should I do?

Ok well I never proposed to her and instead we moved in together and shortly afterward she got pregnant. We now have a 2 year old daughter and we have had some arguments and she has moved back and forth between my house and her moms several times. Back in August I went and started paying on an engagment ring which I almost had payed off when she broke up with me 3 weeks ago. The same day she broke up with me she started sleeping with another guy (maybe before but she won't admit it).
Now she keeps telling me she made a mistake and she wants to come back. As much as I care about her my head keeps telling me I can't trust her anymore. At the same time I still love her and feel like I owe it to our daughter to try to work things out. I want to believe what she says but I've been through hell since she left and I don't want to go through this again in another 3 months if she finds another guy she wants to sleep with.
We are sharing custody of our daughter and I'm taking our little girl back to her in a few days and she says she wants to talk with me while I'm there. I'm sure she's going to try to get back together with me and I honestly don't know what I'm going to tell her. I still love her but the fact that she was sleeping with another guy within hours of our break up makes it hard for me to believe anything she's says. Should I give her another chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would mention it to her no a great foundation for any marriage is communication and I would expressyour fears with her. It seems like she really wants to marry you she has dropped pretty big hints lol. Like I want to have your children. I would propose and not let the opportunity pass me by. Good luck : )

What Girls Said 3

• You're very wise and mature. I think she is too young for such a major decision like that. I think that at her age, she should probably continue to date, party etc. It is entirely possible that 5 years down the road, she will have wondered what else is out there and regretted not doing more. I have seen this happen to some of my friends who got engaged and married young. The marriages are now terminated.

Let her take a break so she can date others. This will probably be the most difficult thing you will ever have to do. However, recognize that you're doing it for the right reasons and potentially saving yourself from future heartache.

If she returns to you and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're the one then it's probably meant to be.

• I would mention that to be but she might not do it. Females are different then men most of the time we don't need to be with 50 people to know that he's the one I want. I say go for it

• Why do you have to propose? Yes you've been dating for 2 years but she's only 20. Move in together and see how that works. Sometimes living with someone before getting married can be a wonderful thing, you get a preview of how being married to that person would really be like and then see how you both feel. No matter what you decide, you never know what the future holds, you can have problems 5 years from now no matter what the reason might be.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd wait. I dated a girl from when she was 19-23.. I was her first bf, first love, first everything. I bought a ring I was paying off and was going to propose in 2 years or so. She dropped the "I wonder what else is out there" bombshell and completely broke my heart. Now its a big p*ssing contest and I am quite bitter. I'm 5 years older than her. You sound exactly like me. Marraige talk scares chicks. 20 is so young.

• 20 os young but I really think that marriage talk scars chick when they have been with a guy for 2 yrs