What do you think about not moving in with your SO until you marry?

Instead of living together while dating, waiting until you get married to live together?

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad idea.

You gotta research your product before you spend your life savings on it. You wouldn't just buy a car without test driving it. You don't just go into a store and buy the most expensive TV without knowing any of the specs on it (well some people do, but that's just really stupid). Don't rush into a marriage without knowing all you can about your partner.

This is a life decision! You're gonna be with them every single day until you die. You wanna make sure you make an informed decision.

What Guys Said 4

• Living together before marriage helps both to know each other enough to judge if they'll be OK with all sides of the other's personality.
    It wouldn't be nice to discover after marriage that you really can not live happily with the other's early morning face , snoring habit or being disorderly or phobias or habit of calling mom every evening during 2 hours. (or discover that the other is
    -a dead fish in bed, every night of the year, save a few special occasions)
    -not capable to manage a budget

etc, etc.

All those people who marry without knowing each other but just know the fake projected image on weekends are either going to divorce, cheat or be unhappy and complaining the rest of their lives.

• Bad idea. It is in fact proven that living together before marriage leads to happier marriages, while reducing the chance of getting married. Now riddle me this, why is it so?
    Simple, because that time together tests if you are socially compatible; if you're able to live that close all the time. So instead of ending in an unhappy marriage, you find out you're not comaptible and break up to find someone you're compatible with.
    The same applies for an active sex life before marriage; testing sexual compability.

So overal it's beneficial.

• I think it's dumb. Living together is going to show you all the difficulties in advance, and make the marriage either last, or not happen at all.

• Well I'm a person that just will have sex with his future wife. So i wouldn't live with my gf. Its not possible for me.

What Girls Said 5

• Well the only SO I will have is after marriage anyway-so its kinda expected to move in with him once I marry him

• I'd have to agree with some of what was said by the guys here. You have to check it before you wreck it.

• You should get to know your partner first imo.
    When I moved in with my first bf, things went downhill fast.
    Shit, what if I got married to him, then moved in?
    Its like, "damn, now I am stuck with this goon?"

• I plan on waiting for everything including not moving in together.

• I think it's only for people with lots of faith.