Who else gets upset when they see all these other people getting engaged and married but it's not you?

It scares me so much... like I am 25 now, and I know if I met someone tomorrow that would mean I would probably be at least 27 when I got married, but the odds of me meeting someone tomorrow are pretty slim... so who knows how long it will be. :/ It makes me sad. I wish life was like a fairytale.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aw. I don't get upset when a I see other people getting engaged/married, but I always wonder when will I meet the *right* guy for me. I'm not in a big rush to settle down because I want things to be perfect when the time does come... Right now I'm 23 I think I have 7+years to go before I settle down and I'm not complaining just enjoying myself and living life to the fullest.:)

Also, just take your time when you meet the right woman you'll know in your <3 heart<3 just make sure you don't let her slip away...

• ohhhh well maybe you but I don't know who you are anonymous :(

• @RomanEmperor
      I can't find your profile is there any other way I can add you?

• Or you could just add me
      @Pretty4781

What Girls Said 4

• preach it, brother. This is the reason I've hidden so many people's posts from my Facebook feed, and the reason I barely go on Facebook anymore.

Although I'm not ready to get married yet... I guess it just hurts when you see everyone you know seem to be moving forward in their lives, doing what you're "supposed" to do, when you're sitting on your ass on GAG, still not having your life quite figured out yet.

• Nope I don't. I did that "fairy" tale life for 11 years and I am happier on my own now.

• Totally identify with you. But remember "its when things seem worst that you must not quit"

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6c6dfb5436bd.jpg

• Marriage is awesome. But the "who" is a lot more important than the "when." Focus on meeting someone and don't worry if it takes a few years to find her. It's better to be with the right person then to be married young and divorced in a year.

What Guys Said 7

• If that bothers you, you should probably do something about it.

There's a similar trend where many younger people see their peers getting high-paying jobs and moving on with their careers, while they are still sitting in their parent's basement after graduating from college/university with no job.

Bottom line, moping about it is what keeps you in your position.
    The odds of you meeting someone tomorrow are zero if you don't go outside and ask someone. Waiting for a princess to fall from the sky isn't going to happen. So really, the only reason why you're depressed is because of your own inaction.

Even if you ask a girl out and she says no, or she throws up upon seeing your face... hey... at least you know she's not the one.

• I need a job too... and internet you can meet girls too.. some of those I can't meet because of the job issue to.. and I've actually gotten a few quality ones to agree to go out with me... but then their patience runs out :(

• Doesn't bother me. I don't see marriage as an accomplishment that something that anybody can do. My younger brother got married before I did and didn't bat an eye. I was happy for him.

• well luckily for me, that ain't happening to anybody in my circle. so im all good for now hahaa

• Life isn't like a fairy tale. It will likely happen even if it takes years.

• I know a lot of girls who feel the same way you do

• I hate seeing 15 year old's bragging about sex while I'm 29 and can't get a women to date me. That pisses me off more than anything.

• geez this depresses me.

• I'm 25. I don't want to be like you in four years :/

Although TBH I think my main problem now is my job situation. I've gotten attractive women to agree to go on dates with me... just my problem is actually having them happen meh.

• Well I don't call myself the WorldsugliestMan for nothing. I'm so ugly I once got threaten I would get the cops called on me for looking at a woman.

• Yeah, I get upset. All my friends are married or are dating. When I turned 25, I realized I'm going to die alone if I don't drastically change things.