What should you look for in a potential spouse?

I date with the intent of marriage. But sometimes I feel like I don't know what I should be looking for.

Obviously someone with a decent job. Same religion. Someone who is honest and family oriented. No shady past or reputation. But what else?

I used to think it would be so clear when someone is the right one but I see it's complicated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Check out his relationship with his family and how they interact along with how he treats elderly people and how many are in his life.

What Guys Said 1

• Someone Who does what they say and says what they do. someone whos loving and caring and is never untrue, someone you feel totally relaxed around, someone who you can share your deepest thoughts with, and someone who appreciates you for who you are as person. Someone genuine. Just a thought for you someone who has a past isn't always a bad person in my opinion they can be some of the most knowledgeable people out there! goodluck :)

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should work on finding someone that you have chemistry with and who is loyal. Everyone has a past. Is yours perfect? Try to be accepting and not so judgy. You don't know who you'll fall in love with.

• Someone who shares common interests with me, someone I like spending time with. He has to be loyal, with a good sense of humor and financially stable