What do you think about people who get married so young?

i don't agree with getting married in an early age like 19,20,21,22,23,24 ,i think that nobody can possibly understand marriage as it is for the rest of their life ,they can't be mature enough ...some people agree with it so, what do you think?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I got married at 19. I say that's a very wide judgement you are making. You don't know people's personal lifestyle and how they grew up and how mature they are. I've been happily married for over two years, together for almost 4. Not a long time, and it sure as hell isn't easy. But I also had great role models as parents who have been married for 30 years. The problem with younger people getting married is they think everything will be a fairytale and go into marriage with that thought and when things get hard unexpectedly, they run. You gotta enter into a life long commitment with someone else knowing there WILL be hard times, that you are different people, and you cannot change that person. Many people get married thinking "Oh after we're married, he/she will change". Nope, doesn't happen that way. Another reason young people so often get divorced. I grew up faster than most people so I was more mature than a lot of people my age. My husband was 25, almost 26 when we got married so he was older and also ready for a commitment and passed the whole single, partying phase. I never went into that phase as that's not who I ever was. But most young people need to get that phase out of their systems before making a life long commitment to someone. I knew I would never even enter that phase. From when I was little I knew I'd be married young and be a housewife. It's what I want to do, and I absolutely love it. So this life, even at a younger age, suits me well. We are both satisfied with our life together and very happy. We've had our share of ups and downs, and we both acknowledge there will be a lot more of those to come, especially when you throw the military into it all. But we welcome the challenge and know we can get through anything. We've already been through some really rough patches, but we won't give up just because things get hard. That's what a real marriage is about. Not running away but facing it all head on with a good attitude, together.

• A marriage will work when both people are doing everything they can to make it as easy and comfortable for the other person as possible. It only takes a little slip of selfishness, only a little while of just sitting back and "taking with no give" to make the other person feel taken advantage of, and then things can go downhill real fast. You need to be able to trust them that they're looking out for you just like you're looking out for them, 100%. That trust is easy to break and hard to fix.

• Congratulations on being happily married. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous, but I'm definitely happy for you before anything!