I'm the Man's Best... WOMAN? Wait what? Advice please?

What do you guys and gals think about a woman best man? Is a straight female wearing a tuxedo okay? Can a curvy, feminine girl who is 22 years old but appears 16 even pull it off?

So here is my dilemma. My best friend is a man, who is getting married to a wonderful girl. I was asked to be his best man, which I am absolutely thrilled about... Until said wonderful girl said I have to wear a tuxedo, no questions asked. So now I have to find a place that would rent girl tuxedo's, and worry about implications.

I am a straight female, with a few lesbian friends. In school I was so busy learning, having guy and gal friends, and avoiding relationship drama that some wondered of my orientation. And my boyfriend has to be out of the country when the wedding is happening.

I asked if I could wear a black dress, but the bride said no. I know it is their special day, so maybe I should just wear the tux anyways. What do you think?

• Wearing a tux is okay, just go with it.
  • So not okay, try to wear a dress.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares what peeps think
    at the end of the day, you are supporting your best mate ^_^
    if donning a tux keeps his missus happy, do it... just one day and could be really fun ^_^

• Thanks Catbug. You make a good point. Its all about supporting him on his special day. I think the bride might be doing it to make sure all eyes are on her, but I don't mind. I can worry about looking good on my 'special day', if I ever get married. :P

What Guys Said 1

• Don't wear a tux, the bride's jealous and trying to make you look lesbian or whatever. Wear a modest dress, but go out there looking good!

• You are probably on to something about her being jealous. I told her today that I would wear the Tux if she wanted, because like catbug said, I'm still supporting my mate. She was clearly not happy. She told me she didn't want to see me around for a while, or she may blowup in my face.
      The thing is, my friendship with the groom is purely platonic. He's my best friend, I'm not attracted to him. The future bride knows I am fully committed, and in love with my boyfriend of 4 years.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, the bride sounds kind of bitchy but who cares what others think. Do what you want. If those people want to think your a lesbian than let them. You've got a boyfriend.