Ideal age for marriage?

What's your ideal age in settling down? And guys, how do you really know that this person is the one you want to be with for the rest of your life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's my hierarchy, and I know most people won't agree with it... but I will explain why it works:

Early 20s: I think during the early 20s, people should honestly just date casually, have all the sex they want, get as kinky and sexual as they want and go wild with their sexual wants and needs.

-Mid to late 20s: I think people should start to seriously consider finding a woman to settle down with. If you met a lot of women during your early 20s, you could figure out which one you were most compatible with and start thinking about dating that person long term.

Age 27-30: I think this is the ideal age to think about marriage and settling down.

I see so many people getting married early and rushing into things, and they wonder why they aren't happy or end up divorced after a year... or they rush into things and have kids.

Like, I know this girl, and she got married at age 18 and had a kid by 19, then she divorced her husband by age 20. Just recently, she met this guy online... and talked to him for 2 months. They decided to move in together last month and now they are having kid.

What Guys Said 14

• I got married at 18 (turned 19 the following month) and my wife was 21 (she turned 21 the month before we got married). Here we are 10 years later and still married. She was the first and only person I have ever had sex with, we have gone through two miscarriages, loso of loved ones, and a lot more but it has made us stronger. We now have 2 boys (5 and 2 and we have a 1 month old baby girl). My point is, most people told us 18 and 21 was too young and we would never make it. My Co workers were even placing bets on when we would get divorced (the soonest was 1 week and the longest was 1 year). Get married when you know you are ready. Unfortunately there is no magic sign, you'll just know. And most importantly... REFUSE TO GET A DIVORCE! I know people will disagree with me here bit of you have the mindset that you refuse to get divorced then your marriage WILL make it! Hope this helps!

• I was 24 when I got married and it was the perfect time for us as we wanted to have 2 kid before we were 30 which I actually missed out on by 11 days with our 2nd child but close enough!

I don't think there is an ideal age to get married I think it all depends on the couple and what they want from their lives!

• It's not a matter of age for me. It's really matter of being economically ready to marry. I would know that this is the person I want to be with for the rest of my life when the other person shares the same feelings with me, specially if we are in a healthy relationship.

• For me it would be 28 cause I want kids right after hehe.. Well, nothing comes with a guarantee and I'll put my 100% into the relationship to work out marriage..

• I have no idea. My parents got married age 29/28, had me when they were 36/37

• I wanna be married any later than 35.

• No ideal for me. Not even sure I want to be married at 30

• Different people mature at different ages. There is no single ideal age. Also, not everyone is marriage material. Both people should love and accept the other person for who they are both the good and the bad.

• girls : 20-22
    guys: 28-35

• 80. That way you'll only have to be miserable for the last couple of years instead of the last 40.

• for women, before 30. for obvious reasons... for men, id say whentheyre financially ready and have someone great but before 45.

• in 20s and up

• Hmmm... Never.

• I think getting married around 26-28 is ideal for me, I want kids before thirty. But I also want a good amount of time with my significant other before kids, But for me, marriage waits until the time for kids, no reason to feel rushed to get married just because you are with someone for more than a year or two.

Of course I guess on a fundamental level I am bit sexist and would prefer a slightly younger wife...

What Girls Said 13

• You need a solid foundation of friendship before marriage. You need to know you're compatible. Agree on important issues such as religion, politics, finances, and children. You need to have suffered through the flu together. Pre-marital counseling is a good idea!

I don't think anybody should even consider marriage without being in a relationship for at least two years and over the age of 25.

I know that my husband is the right person because we are best friends. We make each other laugh. We're monogamous. I met him when I was 16 and married when I was 30. There was absolutely no doubt about him being "the one".

• I wish you all the best! 30 is also my ideal age for marriage. I'm not on a hurry, anyways. For the mean time, I just enjoy my single life! 😊

• I'd say roughly 25. I want a few years of marriage before having children.

• Tricky balance being as early as possible so you can spend more years with the love of your life. But not too young that you are making a mistake.
    Cliche answer, whenever you're ready.
    But I feel like Ted Mosby and want it ASAP lol

• Ideal age? There really isn't one, it all depends when you are ready. I was 23 when I got married and I always visualized getting married in my 20s. How do you know it's "the one?" You don't. That's why there's high divorce rates. People rush into it too quickly, including myself. Now I am just another statistic

• I want to get married whenever I start studying for my PhD, so I guess around 24. After that, I don't want to have kids until I've graduated and gotten a steady job.

• Hm.. I guess ideally young because you won't have to go through as many heartbreaks but usually people aren't that lucky.

• 19-20 i think

• i want to get married around 23. its enough time to party and be crazy (21) and then settle down, and if you want kids, you're not too old yet

• Hopefully by the time I'm 25

• Maybe like 19-23

• 27-31 are the ideal ages for me.

• I'm 23 hope to be married by 27

• I was 21 and I was ready for it. I was ready to settle down and start a family. I knew without any doubt I wanted to be with my husband and have kids with him! I didn't see my future any other way, it was what I wanted. I believe everyone is ready a different ages... the only thing I would change is my husband would be closer to my age. I feel like I'm not ever going to have a baby before he gets "old"... I feel this way though because I believe it'll take me a really long time to get pregnant because of something that's wrong with me.