Is it normal for women to force marriage?

Just wondering has any women ever tried to force their boyfriend to marry them? Or for the guys have you ever been with a woman who has tried to speed up marriage?
Im in a relationship and we've been together for a year now. I know I want to be with him forever so im kinda ready to get married now and im constantly trying to get him to marry me soon. Is this normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not exactly, but it is normal for women to act loving and innocent until they are married. Very few of them can keep up the act for long after marriage, and about 50% will be out of love within 4 years (despite all good intentions). The sex usually stops about then too. Women are just hard-wired that way and only about 20% can stay in love with the same man for 20 years (even if he's a better man than ever).

So it's 5 or 10 years in when the man is trapped and can only look forward to a marriage without love, or even much sex.

• Well, I think I have shown both sides of myself pretty quickly into the relationship so if we were to get married he won't be surprised at my behavior. In a way, I believe this Can go for both women and men, not just women. Guys tend to act a certain way until they're married then they change also.

What Guys Said 2

• Normal no, common yes, unfortunately.

• man im sure this happens a lot lol

What Girls Said 1

• Common and normal are two entierly different things. I think it can be pretty common but forcing your partner into doing something they aren't comfortable with is not normal :). Give him some space Im sure you wouldn't like it if he tried to push you into doing something. It would end up making you not want to do it at all