My fiance told me he was working late... he didn't know im the woman he's meeting for dinner and sex?

We are 5 weeks away from our wedding.
About 3 weeks ago, i found out he has an online dating account. I made a fake one and stated talking to him. We agreed to meet yesterday at a restaurant, and go to "my house" to have sex after. I showed up after he was sitting, and he almost crapped his pants when he saw me. I went straight up to him and sat down. He was so uncomfortable. He just kept apologizing.
I went to the bathroom and he followed me and I took my ring off and flushed it down the toilet.
Moving on and not looking back.
Did I do the wrong thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• its better to find out that he is a shitty man now then to actually marry him and then be stuck with him fucking up for the rest of your life or untill you decide to loose money going through a horrible divorce.

It good because you are still young and still have a chance to meet someone else before you get too old when it is difficult to date.

What Guys Said 90

• Lol, a shame about the ring, think of the fun you'd have telling your grandchildren this story and showing them the ring!

But otherwise, it was brilliant. For fun sometimes I make up profiles and see what sort of cretin shows up to meet the six foot French blonde who is 'tired of intellectual types.'

• so close too. hahaa. you dodged a bullet.

• Yes. you should not have flushed the ring. Technically I think he can demand it back, unless it was a fake, that could be expensive.

But in terms of calling off the wedding, absolutely the right move.

• Im not paying him anything.
      He can kiss his money goodbye!

• yes but the courts always make people whole again

The ring is not considered a gift when its contingent on marriage. The courts make people complete thats the idea, the marriage is not complete therefore the ring can't just be hers. The ring must go back to the husband

• @notverycreativeguy and @TripleAce even within the U. S. different states have ruled differently on this.

Anyone who has a split engagement with a valuable ring and animosity who wants to not return/demand return should check their laws.

• I actually think you did the right thing, and that the flushing of the ring was a symbolic masterpiece. LOL

Seriously though, that dude was a cheater and you totally did the right thing.

• You should have sold the ring.

• i would've sold the ring, and probably wouldn't have set up such an elaborate sting, but kudos to you for doing so. but I absolutely don't think you were wrong for ending things. your guy was a cheat and got caught.

• Why on earth would you flush a ring, do you know how expensive that thing is? Holy shit. So much money down the drain, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Other than that, possibly for the better I guess.

• That's a pretty good revenge move I guess.

You have to wonder what he was thinking. Maybe taking a spin on a dating site to see if he was 'sure' you were the one. If he meets a girl he thinks is perfect on paper but still wants you then he comes to terms with his decision. Of course most guys go through this soul searching before popping the question - not after.

Sounds like you made up your mind and the trust he broke is not something easily mended.

Sorry for your loss And best of luck in the future.

• Flushing the ring was not the right choice.
    Making a fake dating site account to coercing your husband into cheating was not the right choice.

Talking to him and asking him why he made a dating account would have been the right choice. What you did just ruined a marriage you could have saved all for some sense of pride you took out of getting revenge.

Congrats on taking the passive aggressive relationship ruining way about resolving issues rather than talking communicating about it like all girls love to complain their guys never do.

• I really hope she sees this...

Like she's really excited about most of the people here loving the show she put on... But its loved by online people because its just that, a great entertaining show.

Wise words my man, your girl is going to be one happy women

• She would never have got honest answers if she asked him, this was the best way to see his true intentions.

• @hannah591 If you promise to marry someone who you don't think ill give you an honest answer to questions like this, then the relationship was over long before any of this happened.

• A couple perspectives:

Moral perspective: You did the right thing. Once a cheater, always a cheater. It is a quality inherent to the person that they can step over others and justify their own selfish actions. If you stayed with him, then expect a lifetime of anguish.

Legal perspective: Flushing the ring down the crapper may have been a questionable move. If he ever requested the ring back, he "could" have a marginal chance at recovering the cost - meaning you'd have to reimburse him if a court ordered you to. An engagement ring is not the legal property of the fiancée. It is a contract of future marriage. If you don't get married, the contract is broken and the ring returns to him. However, since he was the cause of the broken relationship, you have a potential counter-argument if he ever decides to pursue the ring value through legal means.

• im not staying with him.
      and i have a friend thats a lawyer... he has no chance of winning the case anyway

• Well played. I know there's a lot of girls and guys who would fall for that "Baby, I'm sorry. This was I first time, I swear it won't happen again" bit, but not you. Hell yeah for sticking to your guns and realizing you're worth more on your own than you would to be married to a piece of shit like that.

• I would say you did the right thing, it would seem rather obvious he was a player, I only feel bad for you, in the sense that you had to go through that. I have been cheated on, and it was devastating to me. Nobody should have to go through that. I hope you have not only moved on, but go on to meet somebody who can appreciate you for who you are.

• well as much as what he did was wrong, you were wrong as well, you both werent honest with each other. maybe he had the dating account from a while ago, maybe not, but you should have confronted him with that, if 2 people love each other, you guys should be able to have a normall grown up conversation. well if you are asking us , if you did the right or wrong thing, means you aren't feeling comfortable with the whole situation. go talk to him, see what can be salvaged or at least end it friendly, he was or maybe still is your fiance. thats not a small cookie. sad to see something beautifull end on such a way. i would talk to him, at least listen to each others opinions and explain. sometimes mistakes we make, brings us closer together. if you are open for that. i wouldn't forgive him right away but give him a chance to proof he was wrong, you can't imagine how many guys , but also girls regret their decisions and turn out to be the greatest lovers you can ever wish for. sometimes it takes a mistake , to make us realize how wrong we were. i sure as hell would be angry , but sometimes , kindness is the key to make someone really regret it. good luck to you.

• @ReneDS

Smart answer

I completely agree with you 100%. right on point

• If you were on you way to marriage, your there for him in good and bad times

All I know is when you truly truly love someone with all your heart. Its not that easy to just walk away

• i agree with you tripleace, i can understand her anger, but the last thing she should care about is that ring, last Sunday, i had an arugement with a girl , she is my gf, but she does have this one particular guy coming over. i dont like it one little bit, so tentions started to build up, and till recently she was pregnant from me, she had a misscariage. it was a hard time, i love this girl to death and that evening her little daughter told me she had another man. i got upset, i bought something sweet and told her, here for you and... than progessively i got more upset, and wanted to take all the stuff she got from me, with me. than i decided not to, i wanted her to feel sorry , '' If '' she even did something. i wanted her to look at the stuff i bought for her, well yesterday we had a great evening again, she is slowly improving on herself, so am i. so for your own sake, talk to your guy, and at least give him a chance to explain.

• You're an absolute legend.

You played a blinder. That's how you do it and well done on getting rid of this disgusting person.

I sympathise with you though, you must be so hurt, especially so close to the Wedding date, but you should be proud of yourself a lot of women are spineless and would have married this chump.

Take time to get him out of your system and good luck.

• this whole time i was taking to him... and especially on the day of the dinner... i was driving in the car praying and hoping that this whole thing wasn't true... but it was...
      honestly i dont feel like a legend... i just feel like im a girl that just got played big time... i feel like he didn't respect me enough to just break up and do his own thing...
      if he would have told me that he wants to see other girls... or doesn't want to get married, i would have gave him his rind back no questions asked and ended the engagement...
      it would show me that he respects me... but he doesn't.
      so he just lost a bunch of money... and in a very high class resturant... he was basically the center of this whole show. he was embarrased.

• Yes that's understandable. Us Gagers seem to forget that a real person was involved on the receiving end of a bad incident.

I wish you the best for the future.

• I think it's great what you did, and you didn't do anything wrong.

An engagement ring is basically a contract that says you're dedicated to each other. Whoever breaks that contract, loses rights to that ring. He broke it, not you. Well done.

• While he is a huge pig and asshole. He deserved the ring back. Protocol is if the guy breaks it off you do not have return the ring. If you break it off you need to return the ring. In the heat of the moment you did what you did but that was not right. But it should teach him a lesson. if he has balls enough to sue you he will probably win. But most laws favor women so maybe not.
    otherwise you did it pretty awesome. If he was going to cheat already it would have happened the whole time you were married.

• Actually not, if he sued her he would win for sure... The law would not favour he throwing it away at all

• actually he's not smart enough to sue me... and honestly... in my shtate... an engagement ring is a gift... i checked.

• Should have either kept the ring or given it back, but I get wanting to flush it.

I'm torn. Part of me says: Why'd you set him up? That was dirty! But part of me says: Awesome, you set him up, and he fell for it! He's an idiot. Good for you for finding out before you were married!

Obviously there were trust issues (he was giving you decent reason to feel he was up to something shady), and if you can't trust the guy's fidelity, then he's not for you.

I think a breakup was the right way to go, personally. I wish you happiness. :D

• Well honestly, my best friend was on the dating website and immediately notified me about it. I checked his profile and checked his recent posts and comments because I gave him the benefit of a doubt... I thought that he had this profile before we started to date... When I checked if he wrote anything recently he did, and left comments on other girls pages. Basically there was a lot of things that just told me that's he's had sex with other girls on the site.
      So that's when I made a profile... Added a few fake pictures and started to talk to him.
      He got sexual really fast in our conversations... And that's when I knew that my nightmare was coming true... So I told his best friend... And I set up the dinner date with him. And his best friend changed the locks on our doors. We took his stuff out to the garage all in one day.
      And then at night I got a text saying he's working late and then I went to have dinner with him. that's when everything happened. He freaked out when he saw me

• I think you handled the changing the locks part beautifully. Many people (including me, probably) probably wouldn't think to change the locks BEFORE you fully busted him. That part was a good idea.

• You did every thing right except for flushing the ring, instead of just flushing it down the toilet, you should of threw it in the toilet and told him theirs the ring back, than waited for till he's getting ready to retrieve the the ring and shove his face in the toilet water and flush it so he's know's what a piece of crap he is for cheating.

• WOW you dodged a bullet... this guy has already ruined your life and wasted your time... so no YOU DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG... i dont know about the ring though... but who cares? he deserves nothing...
    just dont take him back or believe him when he asks you for another chance... once a cheater always a cheater...

by the way how many years have you two been together?

• ohhhhh trust me i want nothing to do with that scum bag.
      we have been together for over 3 years... but we have known eachother for 8

• The flushing of the ring was idiotic. You could have sold that thing and gotten a few thousand $'s. You let emotion override your logic; stereotypical female move.

But the rest is completely warranted with excellent execution.

• no you were too young to marry anyway.

but how did you found his online dating account... don't tell me you looked into his computer?

• nope my best friend saw him there and saw he was talking about meeting up with other girls on there

• Wow, what an idiot. He bought you a ring, proposed and everything. Only one month away from marriage and he felt like pretending to be single to get a quickie on the side... lol he probably thought "Might as well have as much sex as possible now before I'm trapped with her for eternity."

I'm proud of you girl. And yeah selling the ring probably would've been "smarter" but I get why you didn't want or care about his money. Then again you could've given that money to charity or a friend if you didn't want it for yourself. :p But overall I think flushing the ring down the toilet was an awesome move haha! I almost wish you recorded the look on his face and uploaded it on YouTube. :D

• I think, that if him cheating on you is enough to end a relationship you're serious enough about to get married, then you probably shouldn't have been getting married int he first place.

• I think what you did was EPIC. He got blue balled and humiliated. Bravo. Now you may proceed to move on and find a man worthy of you.

• Who cares about the ring? Yes, she was correct to find him out now and put and end to it. How she did it is irrelevant just as how he did it is irrelevant.

• Its a shame that this type of thing happens. This is the result of an over sexed world. The truth is that even he is a victim. The secondary truth is that both you and him came into the relationship with a maximum of 50%. He can only take 50% of the blame. You must take ownership of the other 50%. Continue to Work on yourself.

• what a butt load of crap lol..

• @xxyz123 @QA

I implore you to not be swept away with your immediate emotions that surface, if we all did this then the world would have been a nuclear wasteland long long long ago.

He is a victim of the world we live in. The world we live in thrusts sex down everyone’s throats daily, hourly.. and in a lot of cases, minute by minute. We now live in an age where sex is at the front of everyone’s brains,

Now being a Hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, social psychologist and Author, I've spent a great deal of my life studying thought. How people think, when people become conscious of thoughts and the mechanics behind human action.

Evidence is mounting against the significance of conscious free will in our lives.

That's right, the majority of our actions were decided for us even before we consciously decided to do it. Billions each year is spent in the pursuit to plant sex at the depths and foreground of human thought. This is why even he is a victim.

• Secondly, to negate all blame from you is a limiting way of thinking and I challenge you to think over it again. There's no way you can learn anything of benefit that will evolve you as a person if you blame others for how they treat you.

I'll put it in simple terms.

Someone who is depressed, knows how to smile. They not have smiled in awhile, but when the right person says the right thing, they rediscover their ability to smile.
      If you are around someone who is depressed and you are unable to lift their depression at all, then it's true to say that there's some things you need to improve on. We know now that all humans do have the ability and emotional range to express a smile, it's only your lack of knowledge of that person (or prehaps even yourself) that holds you back from being the individual needed to make them..

DoctorSex

• WOW just WOW. Im just speechless at this situation. I can't believe and Its a shock to see this actually happened.

His face must of been priceless... Like almost priceless

However, to be honest in my opinion. Sometimes people make mistakes, we're not perfect, humans are far from perfect. People do deserve a second chance in my opinion, because he was just meeting a women behind your back. You don't know the full story and what he's feeling inside and what compelled him to do that

If your religious, Jesus never blamed the people for hanging him, he knew its the way humans are and has already forgiven them. Wisdom goes a long way sometimes

• Why are you so shocked? Is it in a bad way or good way?
      It was priceless... but i think its because he thought that I woudnt catch on to his secrets... and i did...
      I understand that people make mistakes... but i dont accept those kinds of mistakes... i did forgive him... and i dont have anything against him... i just regret meeting him and wasting my time...
      but honestly... I dont want to spend my life wondering "will he do it again" or "how long has he been doing this" or "does he really love me"... there's just so many questions i would have and i dont think he would be able to answer them for me.
      I would never get back with a cheater. Once that trust is broken... its gone... it was flushed down with that ring...

• thats fine

BUt its something iv told another women as well... So did the same thing as you and she called herself strong

I told her simply, strength can be looked at in two ways, One your so strong that your able to leave the one you loved because he 'MIGHT' have cheated on you. OR you can live through it and be strong enough since your smart enough to know no one is perfect and thats why second chances exist.

Two types of strength, and both can be looked at as weakness as well. I guess you should think and decide whether your choice is strength or actually weakness.

In this country your innocent until proven guilty. He wasn't guilty yet and maybe would never have been. Could of easily pushed her aside and said i love my wife im going home

You can't put a person in jail for never committing a crime, its irrational. So to me thats weakness not strength.

• @surfing_life_54

To me it seems like your here to basically get reassurance from guys and girls that seem to agree with you. Your looking for reassurance about your decisions and your getting that here by ones that agree with you.. Thats biased and not really logical

• One thing you did right was call the wedding off. Thats just low of him to do. Flushing the ring? yeah i could see that being a form of quickly moving on from the relationship but honestly i think you couldve benefited by keeping it or possibly sell it, bring the wad of cash to your ex and burn the money right in front of him see how he likes it.

• I agree with @yaddayaddayadda02. That was at least $400-$2000 depending how much he paid for it. Or you could've returned the ring to him. Shit goes down the toilet, not expensive rings.

• Please ignore me saying $400, I didn't realize that is a super cheap ring. I meant to say $1000-$5000

• $10,000 down the toilet. I could've used that for so many things but you threw it down the toilet... wow. I know you were mad at the time, but money isn't cheap these days. $10,000... i just cried.

• i guess we have different opinions, and honestly, a lot of people are telling me i should have given it to charity... its a good idea... but at the time... i didn't want anything from that guy... not his money, nothing. that ring meant nothing to me because i found out he gave it to me without love...

• Did you do the wrong thing? That depends what you mean? Were you wrong to ditch him? No, absolutely not. If he's cheating before a wedding from a dating site, damn straight he's gonna keep doing it after. Were you wrong for flushing the ring? No, he sounds like a dog. were you wrong for not making him suffer more? Probably. But even if you don't make him suffer more, someone eventually will.

• someone had to do it.

• @TheRavenborne

Im an avid debater by nature... Im pretty meticulous in everything. Its not really to prove a point... Its just whats correct and whats not

• True debaters, like lawyers must learn to believe in the point they are assigned, and disbelieve the other side to win. If you had been on a debate tea in highschool, you might had had to be prosmoking or something. It looks more to me like the idea of someone being wrong on the internet bruises your ego and need to be right, so much that you will spend hours to prove them wrong. I feel sorry for you, having such a low level of self esteem.

• More from Guys
    60

What Girls Said 111

• When you were in the bathroom and 'Flushed it down the toilet,' you should have also gotten down on all fours and Thanked God for helping you Realize That-----He was a cheat sheet and probably always has been and would just continue.
    You did your almighty detective work, sweetie, and with him getting his hoe hand in the cookie jar, there's nothing he could ever say to even Me that would have made me walk down that aisle. The honeymoon is now over before it had even begun and the War of there Roses is over and done with... no bridal bouquet to boot.
    Don't look back, don't Take him back... he has shown his true colors and it's not wearing white with a princess like you. He has this yellow stripe down his back and he has shown you that he is instead a jack ass of another color.
    Congrats to you and consider this God's special Thanksgiving this year, dear... He just saved you time, money and more headaches down a beaten path that would have eventually begun a beguine of hell.
    Good luck, God bless... your Prince is out there waiting for you someday...
    BTW: He lost More than a materialistic ring thing... he lost a Prize Possession that he can never get back... You... xx

• thank you, you made me feel really good after a night of crying.

• thank you for making my day better

• You're so welcome... stay strong, stand your ground, you won't be sorry, sweetie.:)) xx

• Good one!
    You did the right thing!
    Awful of him.
    He would have went through with it if you were someone else.
    He's only sorry he got caught.

• You go girl ;) If he wanted to do that 5 weeks before the wedding, what would he do after that? And who knos how long has he been online dating.. You did good! :*

• You're awesome, but I'm sorry he turned out to be a cheater. Definitely a good thing you're not getting married to him.

• not taking him back at all!

• He didn't have sex with someone else, but he went there with the intention of doing just that. Good enough for me. Only a fool would take him back after that, and the Asker clearly isn't one.

• and by the way, on his profile, there were about 5 other girls that posted on his profile saying things like "good seeing you last night" and "had fun with you, we should meet up again"
      so just by that... yes he did cheat... he met girls off the website... before he met me for dinner

• Only thing I would have changed was I would have pawned the ring and used the money to buy things to make me feel better. Otherwise, I salute you. Good for you! But I'm so sorry about the circumstances.

• HILARIOUS.

No you didn't do the wrong thing. And people need to calm down about you flushing the ring. Yeah, you maybe could have gotten a little cash for it but flushing it in front of him is priceless.

You already know that though.

• You. Are. My. Hero.

• They only thing I think you did wrong was flushing the ring. You should have pawned it and at least got something out of it.

• Oh my God you are my hero!!!
    You absolutely did the right thing. Teach him to not be a snake. Feel bad for whoever gets him in the future.

• Yes, you did the right thing in calling off the wedding.

Not so much with the ring, though. Sure, it was symbolic and must have felt good, but you pretty much flushed down money. Sell it and get a profit out of the situation would be the logical thing to do.

Also, does the concept of gifting doesn't exist in the states? He GAVE it to her. It was a GIFT and therefore belongs to HER. What's all this suing shit y'all are talking about?

• yes, in my state... it is considered as a gift... so if he does decide to take me to court.. it won't do him any good. so im not worried about that.
      and honestly i didn't want the money from him. i dont want anything to do with him anymore.
      i could have gave that money to a poor person, but at the moment i didn't think of it... and honestly seeing his reaction on his face when i pushed the button on the toilet and it flused was priceless.

• dudette i'm proud of you... you are 100% right and are doing the right thing... you deserve better than getting married to a fucking liar!!! its one of the reasons i don't wanna get married

• Congratulations on a job well done! You are blessed to have intelligence to know that anything in love and war is fair. In my opinion, it was fair game that you set him up. Make no mistake, if you would have been doing the cheating, he would have left you too. That person that you were going to marry is in "love" with a fantasy. I am sorry that you had to go through this drama. I beleive that nobody should have to deal with this kind of madness. This world would be a better place of only humans would be honest to tell others, "I love you, but I love cyber fantasys, escorts" and i want you to understand me." This is crazy, but honest and it gives the other person the right to CHOOSE to be in a relationship of three +. But this is not always the case and people enjoy lying because people enjoy the thrill of getting caught (even if they won't admit it). So, you are veeery lucky! Feel good that you cried one night and you avoided marriage with a jerk who will NEVER be faithful to anybody. Let GO and let life take care of him and his dangerous habits. Now-a-days, it's better to choose a healthy life than to stay with a man or woman who enjoys sleeping around (this will catch up to him/her). So celebrate, enjoy life, be happy. As to the ring you flushed down the toilet! Ooooops! Oh, well--things happen! Who are we to judge you, we all make mistakes--he certainly made his share of mistakes. And if chooses to come after you for the ring he gave you (which has a condition on marriage), he can and you can go to the nearest Bar Lawyer Referral Service who will aid you in finding an attorney to meet with for $35 (1/2 hour consult in San Francisco). I am sure it will be easy to prove that your state of mind at the time was not clear thinking, it was merely an excited act of hurtfulness after finding out that Prince Charming was a frog.😀 Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Don't be sad because he is gone, be sad that you didn't leave him sooner. Live to the fullest n don't look back.

• THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH YOU HELPED ME TONIGHT!
      HAPPY Thanksgiving TO YOU! IM THANKFUL FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

• I applaud you for being such a smart person and doing that: i think im going to do tat just to make sure my future fiance is loyal and faithful. It wasn't stupid to call off the wedding, you saved yourself from marrying the wrong person. The ring flushing was impulse, but i dont judge you. He can kiss his money goodbye. Dont worry you'll find yourself a wonderful man now that your single

• he called and sent me a voicemail saying :" what person in thier right mind, would flush a ring down the toilet" lol he's really mad...

• Dont even talk to him just text him and be like the ring is gone in the dump (literally) just like our relationship. If you havr things that belong t him in your apartment just put them in a box and text him when to pick them up but just leave them outside your door.

Despite it being "childish" or on impulse, it was done thats in the past. there's nothing you can do to get the ring back

• oh he already got his stuff... and @TripleAce... HE DID CHEAT. I have proof of him meeting other girls before he met me... it was all on his profile.

• You dodged a bullet and did the right thing. But I would've pawned the ring and donated it to like a charity or something. At least the money won't be wasted, but I wouldn't wanna keep his money so best to charity or some homeless people.

That guy's a jackass so good riddance.

• You should have given him the ring back if you didn't want to keep it. Or sold it and donated the money

• Congratulations. You just admitted to a crime (in most states). If the woman breaks off the engagement, she must return all "gifts made in contemplation of marriage." The engagement ring would be one of those things; in fact, it is the ultimate example of such -- if you said "no" when he proposed, you would have never been given the ring. Another example would be if the guy purchased you a washer and dryer a month before the wedding, since he was going to move in to your house after the wedding. Basically, anything he purchased for you that no rational person would believe he would give you except for the expectation of marriage happening in the near future.

• in my state, an engagement ring is a gift and does not have to be returned. so he can sue me all he wants because he's not going to win anything.

• damn.. I'm sorry for him being such a dick. You did exactly what I would have done, except I would sell the ring and keeping the money :-)
    You did the right thing, he's shown he's not trustworthy. Guys who cheat will do it again given the chance

• I would've pawned off that ring but way to go. good for you. You didn't do the wrong thing AT ALL! he got hat he deserved and im sure with karma on your side, he has more coming.

• i didn't need his money.
      and i dont need the ring... it means nothing to me if its not given with love.

• You did the best thing ever! You go girl! Best decision you've ever made. Find someone who's worth your time and is truly faithful. :)

• Don't worry about the ring. My ex told me to sell the expensive jewellery but I returned it because I didn't want to give my time to selling it all. Come to think of it, I wish I did sell them all now but I know he'll never give them back, he'll probably be real twisted and give them to his new girlfriend.

• Umm, you should have pawned the ring off, used that to buy a high speed camera from the shop and a plain ticket to Africa. Then you could have filmed wild gazelles! You have to think big when moving on hun... at least thats what I would have done lol

• You did the right thing. The wrong thing would be what I would have done which would have been ti murder him...😯

• DEFINITELY NOT! It's better that you discovered this before you married him! OMG he's such a butt!! He deserves to be ripped apart! You made the right choice.

• it could be because of stress that he done that.. but still.. that shouldn't be an excuse for meeting other women. in my opinion you did the right thing even though i must imagine that it was really hard for you. but remember, if he cheated while you're still engaged.. what will he do when you're married?

• I think u did the right thing. there's no need to stay with. cheater. its good you discovered his cheating thing before anything else. The man doesn't deserve you and your love and even your trust. You should have slapped him tho. If i were u, i would have sold the ring instead of flushing it down the toilet. Lol at least i'd have some money for a little shopping.

• You did the perfect thing! Well done for walking away, i can't imagine how heartbreakingly difficult that must have been, but for your future you did the right thing. You deserve a man who treats you right, not a player, it will hurt now but in the long run you'll be better off.

• I would say you made the right decision. Once a cheater always a cheater. Everything was great, except the part you flush the ring. That stuff is fucking expensive. I understand you don't need his money, but think about those homeless people out there. You should have give that starving man the ring FOR FREE. Anyway, what's done is done. Move on, it takes a strong woman to do so, and I'm glad you could do it. If it was me, I'm very positive that I couldn't have the willpower to break it off like that. Congrats!

• Good for you! Don't look back.

• You did the right thing and I would of done the same thing! You go girl! Least you know now then after your wedding and being officially married.

• Lol you should have just screwed him and left for good like you stuck to the plan and then act like it was nothing.

That would have messed with his head.

The ring flushing wasn't necessary though... glad you didn't marry a cheater

• hahhaha i should have thought of that

• Well it depends on what kind of person you are. If you know you'd get attached and emotional after sex and immediately cutting him off then it's best you just cut him off.

I hope you found a new man who's honest and trustworthy. Don't let 1 fool make you lose hope for Mr. Right!

• The same thing happened to me with my ex except I didn't follow through to meeting up with him since I was too furious. Props to you for going through with it. Damn right you did the right thing, he deserved it and I hope he regrets it for the rest of his life. Your future is looking so much better

• thank you! and i hope your doing great too! sorry you had to go through the same thing!

• More from Girls
    81