My gf is getting married to someone else. Can't bear the pain and I have no friends. What should I do?

I am an Indian. My gf's parents fixed her mrg to someone else. My gf is under pressure due to a financial crisis in the family. I am not in the position to help with the financial crisis and I feel like she doesn't want to fight back to be with me either.

It's killing me and I don't know what to do

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I'm really sorry I don't know much about your country/culture, so I'll ask some dumb questions, they aren't meant to be offensive.
    Can they legally force her to marry this guy, or is it more of a "marry him or you're disowned thing"?
    So her marriage to this man will help her family financially?
    Has she states to her family that she's not happy about this, or is she afraid/not willing to speak up at all?
    I'm sure someone else will be along to just give a straight answer in a little bit, but until then, if you answer these questions, I might be able to come up with something.

• She can't be forced to marry this guy.
      The guy is an American Greencard holder so marrying him will get her citizenship and her parents can then live in USA. The guy is rich.
      She has told her family that she is not happy about this but the family said that they need her to do this and her family is more important to her than our relationship.
      I am not sure anymore that she wants to stay with me because she I feel like she isn't making enough effort.

• I'm really sorry, I don't know if I can emphasize with you enough because I've never gone through something like this before. I don't know what to tell you. Family is really important to most people, and if she feels like she needs to do this, there's not a lot you can do.
      Again I'm really sorry.

• I really love her and I just want her back.

I just feel helpless.

thank you for your inputs