Films you've watched recently....Good or bad.

I'd like to get a feeling for how people are gauging films that have recently been released, be it in theaters or something you watched from Netflix, Hollywood Video, etc.

I recently watched Inglorious Bastards, which was great I thought. It's Tarantino being Tarantino, so no surprises.

And I saw Duplicity on DVD, and I didn't care for it much, not that it wasn't a great story, but the flashbacks got tedious, and I felt it was cut far too long for the purpose of storytelling anyway.

OK, so join in from there. Let me know your opinions on films you've seen recently. Bonus if you can talk about some from the perspective of film/story quality.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen a lot of kids movies recently lol, I won't get into those.

The last non-family movie I remember watching is a martial arts film from Thailand called "Chocolate". It was directed by the same person who wrote/directed "Ong-bak" and "The Protector", both of which have completely random plots and are pretty much just about the action (it's like they wrote the scripts around the action just because movies have to have a story). The fight scenes are key in "Chocolate" too, but the plot is actually pretty interesting. It's a versatile film--there's a lot of action, but there's a bit of romance too, and drama. Also, all three of the movies I've named here get props for doing entire action scenes straight through with no cuts. That's not easy to do since one mistake means you have to shoot an entire scene over again, and fight scenes are easy to mess up.

"Chocolate" isn't the best movie out there, but all things considered, it wasn't bad.

What Girls Said 3

• The proposal (which made me fall in love with Ryan Reynolds) and the ugly truth (which made me fall in love with Gerard Butler) I thought were great (not just because they had hot guys in lol) and the strangers which I thought was a pile of sh*t because nothing really happened and it didn't make any sense to me but it was still very scary to me lol, and I still know what you did last summer which was ok-not great but not bad, I didn't really get that either tbh because I didn't watch the first one.

• cool, last week I went to see inglourious basterds. it was amazing! I'm a major quentin tarentino fan as well, and he's always awesome.

um...I also went to see The time travelor's wife, and it was beautiful! I love Rachel McAdams and I have a soft spot for chic flicks.

I'm the kind of girl who's more into horror and action films-jsyk, so I hardly watch movies like that.

But anyways, there's this movie I watched last night, call- The Tale of Two sisters. I actually got it from netflix and it was totally awesome! I so recommend it. if you like scary movies, this will be good.

=)

• I just watched Bruno and its hilarious the greatest movie Sacha Baron Cohen has and will ever make. I also watched The Proposal, its not the best movie but its entertaining enough. The new G.I joe movie isn't as good as everyone says it is, I thought it was gonna be Awesome but instead it was just good :(

What Guys Said 3

• ive only seen three movies in the last few months: Star Trek (awesome, 9 out of 10), Transformers 2 (awesome, 9 out of 10), and Terminator Salvation (good but not great, 6 out of 10).

• Well a couple of weeks ago I whent to see " the men who stare at goats" and loved it but if you don't like movies that don't make a lot of sense but have very random but funny moments then you will love this movie. Hope I gave you a new idea.

• I recently saw "I love you man" and its hilarious.