Is my bf thinking of proposing?

Tonight my bf of 5 months told me that my gift for Christmas will "scare me a little but I will love it" I also have been noticing he has been favoring my left hand and sonetime will stare at my hand for long periods of time. He also will play and kiss me ring finger. Am I just over thinking this?

Should off added we have been distant friends for 6 years and we each have a child from a different relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems awfully soon for such a thing. If he proposes... he's crazy.

What Guys Said 5

• I highly doubt he's thinking of proposing. im not saying it's outside the realm of possibility but I think you just want him to propose so you're seeing signs that aren't there

• That's kinda what I was thinking.

• I hate surprises lol

• awww no fun

• Nope it sounds like he's go a finger fetish to me too. ;-P

JK.
    Yes. It sounds like he is thinking of proposing.

• This made me laugh so hard lol

• You're overthinking it lol you've only been together 5 month lol
    Although never say never

• Will you marry me?

• 6 months you said? Wayyyyy to early

What Girls Said 7

• Have the two of you talked about it at all? I'm just wondering what else has you thinking this? A Christmas present that'll scare you but you'll love could be sky-diving or something else...

• He has been begging me to move in with him. Not annoyingly just cutely

• Well if you both have children and you've been friends a while he might economically want you to move in together. Saves money, babysitting etx.. I would advise slow down! Especially for your children's sake. Do you really want to live together and have kids get attached to other kids and adults that may or may not stay permanent in their life? It's a lot to consider and seems much too soon for that. But that is just me... hope it all turns out well. Sounds like it could be a great relationship and match all around. :)

• well does he have a stable job? Is he pretty settled right now in his life and i mean is he done with college? does he have his own place?

or has he been talking about making a career change

The thing is, men never start looking for a ring untill they feel like their life is stable enough to start a family

Like if a guy is still living with his parents, then he is more likely going to look for his own place before he looks for a ring

• Never graduated high school but has a really good job working at the state as a mechanic with amazing benifits. Thinking of finishing school eventually. He has been on his own for a while and he is 22 and has a 5 year old daughter that he is the main custody parent to

• okay the "Thinking of finishing school eventually. " can give a clue.
      Has he said that he wants to go back to school soon? or maybe that he is still thinking about it?

If he is thinking of going back to school within the next couple of years then that means that currently he feels like his life is not where he wants it to be.

also i forgot to ask another question, is he in any debt? does he still need to pay off some things? because that too could be a sign that he still has unfinished business that he would like to take care of before ring shopping.

• He might? I don't think your thoughts are far off there.
    5 months seems kinda soon.. But hey.. Would it be a good thing?

• It's funny my boyfriend likes to kiss my feet a lot - do you think he is trying to tell me that he is buying me socks or shoes for Christmas?

• 5 months is a little too early, I don't think the will propose. You might be overthinking it, maybe he's getting you an expensive gift so he said it might scare you

• Somehow I doubt this

• I would just say don't get your hopes up. Because you don't want to be surprised in the wrong way.