Why do people feel like there is a certain age that people should get married at?

I have seen so many people against getting married young. I understand if your under 18 trying to get married but the early 20's isn't that young. Love has no age limit and it really depends on the person and if they are ready or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you. If the couple agrees to get married and also if they have the conditions to do so, I'm not really against it, no matter the age (if they're not minors, or course).

What Guys Said 5

• Women who are under 25 at their wedding have a much higher incidence of divorce. That speaks for itself.
    At 18, there is more chance of becoming divorced than of staying married.

• It's a big mistake to marry a woman less than 25.
      It's also a big mistake to marry before being in a relationship at least 4 years.

• Ahhh the naivety here is almost amusing. >.<

• One of those links I gave isn't working.
      4 predictors of divorce:
      psychcentral.com/.../

• I'm generally for women getting married young, because while they may be dumb in their late teens, they only get dumber in their 20s and beyond. They know how to ruin men's lives well enough when they are young, and that's why it's better that they marry then before they get older and bevtruly adept at ruining men's lives.

• Haha that's how my parent's are I've noticed with most people they usually tell others when they can get married based off when they themselves got married.

• Yeah I actually had dreams of getting married young not much older than my mom was when @he got married. She knows that I will be in collge for a while with the career of my choice (veterinarian). She says that I should wait until after I graduate which if I do end up having kids that would mess me up because my career would just be started around the time that I'm in my 30's.

• Social standards exist for many things. Marriage is one of them.

• She doesn't seem to get how I am because we are different in a lot of ways. She says that I should date guys to see what I want but I already know what that is.

• Take a look at divorce statistics. There's your answer.

• If people don't rush and take the time to know someone then it wouldn't be a problem. That still has nothing to do with age.

• I would contend that marriages aren't dissolving just because people are rushing. But if you have it all figured out, good for you.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not quite 20, and I just got engaged.
    It was a lot earlier than I expected, but my boyfriend knew what he wanted. And I think its great. So I'll be like, 20 and married.
    I always thought it was way too young too. But when it happens to you , you do realize it's not too young.

• I think that under 18 is absolutely inappropriate, but once you're legal, that's truly what you want, the person that you're with can support you and is mature enough then I don't see anything wrong with it.

• Yeah I have no intentions of getting married at my age. I agree with you about that though.

• ;) the whole there has to be a certain age this is a load of BS to be quite honest. Just follow your guts!

• My dad doesn't have a problem with it but my mom told me that she wants me to wait but I would be in my thirties and after that it wouldn't matter.