Is it bag if your fiance (woman) does not wear her engagement ring?

Is it a red flag if your fiance (woman) does not wear her engagement ring

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• What type of girl is she? What kind of job does she have? Does she work with her hands a lot? Is she clumsy or always losing things?
    I think you should ask her why she isn't wearing it, maybe she just doesn't wanna lose it.

I know for me, I don't think I'd ever wanna wear a ring. I am kinda OCD, so if I wear it on one hand, I'd need to have it on the other hand. And I wouldn't want the guy to go broke getting me 2 engagement rings just so both hands could feel balanced or right. lol
    I also don't really like wearing jewelry. I don't even wear earrings. I have the piercings for it, but I don't wear it. People have given me rings, bracelets, necklaces as gifts, and I just keep them in jewelry boxes cuz I'm not a jewelry wearing person.
    I'm also clumsy and I lose things all the time. So I know I wouldn't want to lose it. I have lost countless wallets with $200 or so :(
    I think I'd rather tattoo a ring on me. That way I won't feel it and I won't lose it lol

If this woman sounds anything similar to me, then that's probably why she isn't wearing it. Just ask her :)

What Girls Said 7

• Yes it is! I never go anywhere without mine on, ever. I wear it at work (I'm a barista), school, if I'm playing Softball its on a gold chain around my neck. I'm proud of my fiancé, I love the fact that he asked me to marry him, therefore I'm proud of the engagement ring he gave me and what it stands for.

It would be acceptable not to wear her engagement ring if it's at work and she is prohibited from wearing rings from either a safety or health (Department) rules.

Ask her why she doesn't want to wear it, is she afraid to lose it or something? If she is, then it can be insured for loss, (mine is its on my fiancé's renters (insurance) policy).

• If I was happy with my relationship and proud to be with my fiance, I'd be showin that ring every chance I got.

• Well there could be a legitimate reason behind her not wearing it. Maybe she's doing some work with her hands; cooking, lifting weights, washing dishes, etc. In those cases, I don't see anything wrong with not wearing it.

Now, if she just doesn't wear it AT ALL... then yeah, I'd be a bit worried and concerned as to why.

• Yes! Why wouldn't she wear it? Unless y'all been engaged for over a year and nothing really seems to go anywhere

• I would just ask her about it. She might have a simple explanation for it. I work with my hands a lot and am also clumsy. When I get engaged/married I really want to get a nice necklace as well and wear the ring on the necklace when it isn't on my finger so I can keep it close, but safe.

• Yeah that's kinda not ok... If it's because of stuff she has to do with her hands, allergy, discomfort, work... then she could wear it on a chain at least!

• cheaters or who does making second thought they do that so dude wish you luck with that..

What Guys Said 4

• Symbols don't matter so much to me as trusting her. Regardless of whether or not she remembers to wear her ring doesn't change that.

• I mean, it could be.

Why doesn't she wear it? Have you asked her about it?

Personally, I'd want her to want to wear the ring.

• a ring is a ring, who gives a shit basically? LOL

• Well on the bright side, she won't lose it like my sister did. Maybe she is being cautious.