I your SO died would you continue to wear your wedding ring?

Like the question asks, would you continue to wear your wedding ring after your partner/SO dies.

• Yes I would, married beyond the grave
  • Nope, once their dead our marriage is over

Most Helpful Girl

• My second grade teachers husband died and she started wearing her wedding ring on a necklace. She said that she liked it better that way because it was closer to her heart :-) Years later, I thought it was the cutest thing.

What Girls Said 16

• I would still wear it. If I decided to start dating again, he's still joining into the couple that my husband and I were and the fond memories of that. With a divorce, usually people will talk a lot of shit about their ex and just want to move on from the horrible relationship, but with death, it wasn't a choice for him to go. There wouldn't be these hard feelings but instead a lot of saddens, loss, grief, fondness and love for my deceased. He would still effect my future couplings and I'd want them to understand that while they are my new partner, they are not a replacement and still need to respect the relationship I had with him.
    I would expect the same if I started dating a widower.

• Keep wearing it because it's a symbol of the wonderful person I got to be with for a significant amount of time.

Even if I were ready to move on, I'd still wear it.
    I'd probably just put it on a different finger... but I wouldn't lock it away.

• Lord. This is a sad question :( if i were closer to being old than young, i would wear it forever. if i had a shot at remarrying, I'd probably wear it for 2-3 years on my finger and then put it on a chain, wear it as a necklace.

• i definitely would <3

• Yes I would and In'shaa'Allah never remarry

• Yes.. Till death do us part.. His still living in my heart and he won't die from still being in there spiritually..

• For a while yeah, but forever... no. At least not on my finger.

• Just because he'd be dead, I'd still love him. And I'd wear the ring as a symbol of my eternal love for him and as a piece of him to always have with me.

• No. I would of course wear it for some time after, but then I would take it off. I would keep it, but not on my finger.

• I would and probably never remarry.

• Yes I would because of the sentimental value it holds ♥

• I would never wear a wedding ring even though I wanna get married ,

• So you would be too ashamed of being married to wear a ring?

• I never wear rimgs or any kind of jewelery. Wedding rings are expensive and being the clumsy person that I am, I would lose it right away.

• I never heard rimgs, but nothing wrong with not liking to wear jewelry :)

• yes i would continue to wear it

• The question is... What would you do?

• Most people do this until (and if) they want to see someone again.

• I am never getting married

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah for a bit but I'd have to move on eventually. I'd want the same if the roles were reversed. I'd keep the ring somewhere though.

• I'd continue to wear it until/unless I decide it's time to move on. Until then it's a visible announcement that I'm not interested in starting a relationship.

• Yes, I would still continue to wear it. Just because she passed away doesn't mean that my love for her dies as well. I'd carry it with me to my own grave.

• Once I was over it, then no. But, until then, yes.

• Yes, I'd still wear it.

• On a necklace I would

• Keep wearing it man!!! worked for George Costanza...

• I vote B because my life goes on. I can't live on a memory.