Will marriage make me happy?

so far im a single girl 23,... im not a very happy person as i have faced issues in the past that has implied on me till today,... and i have insecuritie issues and im not vry happy with my life and were its heading right now,... so as a single preson i am not happy...

i always thot maybe marriage would make me happy,...

would a guy would want to marry somone lke me?

im very out going, love to order food and watch movies, have a good time when i can,...

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always someone who will want to marry everyone. Be sure of it. You'll sure find someone. Will you feel happy? Well, I think that if you're not happy with this person before getting married, marrying will be even worse. If you do, then it surely can make you happy.

What Guys Said 8

• No, it wouldn't. Marriage isn't a magic pill.

• Mairage alone won't make you happy, as cliche as it is, you kind of have to make yourself happy and then mairrage can ENHANCE that happiness IF it is with the right person.

• As my shrink would say, " you can't be happy with anyone until you are happy with yourself ".
    So putting the goal of happiness on another person separates it from you. It makes someone other than you responsible for your happiness, which is impossible and will only repeat the cycle of unhappiness. Look within for your happiness.

• Probably not, what makes you happy is what you think is important to you, obtaining it and having it.

• People who find their happiness that way often just find themselves chasing after it for a lifetime. True happiness comes from within.

• @ubertroll hmmm... maybe. But we're social beings, after all... and you can't really get affection from yourself, if that's what you desire.

• There's always something left for us to desire though. If we see happiness as the completely fulfillment of all desire then none of us could ever truly be happy because there's always something left to desire. Once we get what we want we just start reaching for something else and that starts the cycle over again. If you find happiness within yourself then it's always there, no matter what's left to desire.

• Why marriage? Why not just a relationship?

• The wedding and honeymoon might make you happy. Not so sure about after that. Living happily ever after isn't necessarily true.

• Only you can make yourself
    happy.

• The love of odering food usually is not something a guy looks for in a lady

What Girls Said 10

• The only way to be truly happy is to find it within yourself. As I said in one of my comments, there will always be things out of reach that we desire. Once we obtain one thing then we begin to desire something else. By accepting ourselves and focusing on the positive aspects of our lives, it's possible to find lasting happiness.

Marriage could give you temporary happiness but it would not last. For one, you would be getting married for the wrong reasons and wouldn't be choosing your husband because he's a good match for you. Once the excitement wore off you would be back at square one. Also, how could you have a fulfilling relationship with your husband unless you are happy? He would likely be too worried about making you happy to maintain his own happiness.

• im not a difficult girl to make her happy,... if he say im beautiful or says im the only girl he wants, then im happy no matter what the situation is,...(i have poor image issues though.)

• The point is though that happiness shouldn't be sought externally, that's only temporary happiness and it can change at the drop of a dime. True, long-lasting, happiness is internal. You should be happy even if there's nobody to tell you that you're beautiful. You should tell yourself how beautiful you are!

• Hm. You need to do some self reflection here. Most people get married but it isn't for everyone.

You said that you don't know why a man would marry you. I think you need to work on figuring that out. Shape yourself so you are what you view a good wife is.

For example, I think a good wife is empathetic and a great listener. I practice that every day- with friends, family, acquaintances, etc.

Work on shaping yourself into your view of what the ideal wife is. Figure out what kind of man you want.

I'm sorry that you are not feeling happy right now because of issues in your past. Maybe therapy would be a good option. No man wants to be with a woman who can't make herself happy, and vice versa.

Love yourself and you will be loved, my dear :)

• Whatever you said about yourself, I can relate to it. But I have read somewhere that our true happiness lies within us. If we are not happy alone, we really can't be happy with someone else, or at least make another person happy for far too long. If you want to be happy, start by yourself. Learn to be happily single. If with the current issues, you will meet a guy and then I am sure you will find positive changes in yourself and soon you would start loving the person who gives you the whole positive feelings, but there would come a point in your life when your issues would start resurfacing again since you never really dealt with them. Those issue can threaten your newly found relationship. Even if you want to get married, then marry, but don't expect to depend your happiness solely on a person. Work on yourself.

• Short term maybe. Long term definitely not

• I think you need to be happy before you marry. Marriage won't help in my opinion.

• Agreed. Getting married while you're unhappy often just makes the other person unhappy too lol

• And it would make it harder for you to find your own happiness.

• First work on the direction you'd like to go in then decide if you want someone to join you. If you decide to get married you'll still be miserable & honestly to pull all of someone's "dead weight" is more than it's worth so try to find happiness in yourself first before you look for it in someone else. Good luck.

• Marriage will not make you happy if you're already unhappy within yourself.

• It'll be temporary happiness. If you want real permanent happiness you're the only one who can make that happen for yourself. In other words it's within.

• Marry me I'll marry you

• Me cause of the more than 50% chance you'll get divorced.. No.
    Unless it's true love