Why does the government let those fundamentalist Mormon groups force young girls in to polygamous "marriages"?

There are tens of thousands of them, and it should be considered child abuse.

Most Helpful Guy

• Read the book "under the banner of heaven" and it will help you understand why it has been hard for both state and federal gov'ts to fight this. www.amazon.com/.../1400032806 it is by jon Krakauer. IT won't answer everything, but gives a good background.

What Girls Said 3

• Why does the government still allow for arranged marriages? Falls under freedom. Suck it up and deal. Nothing you can do about it

• I don't know, but as a mainstream Mormon I find it extremely irksome that they refer to themselves as "fundamentalist." Not only have they forgotten the fundamentals, they've gone off the deep end.

• I have LDS friends and they have the same issues, ignorant people always asking if they intend to have 3 sister wives.

• The government can step in if there's proof that children are being abused.

What Guys Said 2

• Religious freedom. Constitution.

Boom.

Also read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by John Krakauer.

• If that's true, then it's because the government doesn't understand what rights are, and neither by the way do most people.