Why do girls say I want to be friends?

Married 10 years we have two kids. She divorced me because she was not happy and I truly do love her sometimes people need a wake up call witch I got and realized how much I do love her. I do not believe in divorces because it it a way out for people and when you have kids it really effects them. And all you do is throw your money away when you should be spending it on the kids. So why do women these days run away from a marriage when you have kids and say we have to be friends for the kids. Truthfully I believe you should try to stay together for the kids and try to work out the problems in the relationship so it will not happen again. Why do women not see this and how can I get my ex to understand that we belong together and we can work this out and make are love stronger and be happy with each other like we use to be once you are in love with someone and think you have falling out you still can get it back it is not that hard

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you treat her with respect for these 10 years? I read the other day that the worse thing any partner can do is have contempt (treat the other as if they were superior). Some examples of this may be rolling your eyes when they are talking, feel disgust towards them, basically loving yourself more than them. Maybe you treated her like this and she is afraid the situation will not improve. Maybe she felt unappreciated and loved by you. You may have told her you loved her but actions speak louder and these are usually the ones that make the impression. She gave it a shot for 10 years!!!!!!!! What you have to do is research marriage problems (especially contempt), show her the research and if this does sound like some of what happened, tell her you are aware of it all and that you are willing to take blame for what happened and want to make it better. Also, people who get divorced once have a stronger likelihood to get divorced again. That is awesome that you are trying to fix this!!!!

What Girls Said 1

• Funny that you are asking why is it that women do this. Because this is what my soon-to be ex husband is doing to me. We have one child together and I am pregnant with our second (my due date is today) I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after we split up. I finally got over him and stoped thinking about him in this way, as in wanting to get him back. I realized I can't make him love me or want to be there for me and his family if he don't want to be.

So please don't assume that your ex is doing this to you because she is female. All people male and female do this. In this day and age we don't hold our self accountable for marriage and family. It's much easier to get divorced then work on your problems. I don't know why, I wish it was not this way, but it's true.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with your sentiment.