Why is it so much less common for older women to marry younger men than the opposite?

I think that is crazy! I would love to marry a woman 15-20 years older than me (as long as I was super in to her)... I think it's an incredibly attractive idea on multiple levels.

Updates:
But if a guy is like 25 and a woman is like 45 she could be pretty successful and still be able to have kids, and then there really isn't that much pressure on the guy to be so.

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but if I'm ever single I'm going for younger. I need someone with lots of energy lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • What sort of energy?

• Show All
    • but you're married so then you'd never be single again ever... unless it's when you are really old?

how much do you do that?

• Never say never

What Girls Said 2

• I like older men, same range as you. But definitely there are women that like younguer guys. Keep positive! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Evolution. Guys want younger women. Women want older men.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Younger women have a larger time table of being fertile.

Older guys are generally more stable and secure financially. They also tend to be over the girl-chasing phase of their life and are ready to settle down with a real relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women generally prefer older men since they are more mature and usually more financially stable which is good for raising a child.

Men generally prefer younger women since they are more firtile.

0|0
    0|0
  • My guess is that most women like older men (I don't mean much older, just older). The ladies here can correct me if I'm wrong.

0|0
    0|1
  • because there are more girls who like older guys than the other way round

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it's something to do with the fact that marriage is about specifying the guy who is responsible for the kids that a woman births, and old women don't do that as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men look for beauty and reproductive ability in a woman.

Women look for money, power and status in a man.

With that in mind, the answer is pretty obvious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because younger women are better for having kids and older men have more money

0|0
    0|0