Why is it so much less common for older women to marry younger men than the opposite?

I think that is crazy! I would love to marry a woman 15-20 years older than me (as long as I was super in to her)... I think it's an incredibly attractive idea on multiple levels.

But if a guy is like 25 and a woman is like 45 she could be pretty successful and still be able to have kids, and then there really isn't that much pressure on the guy to be so.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but if I'm ever single I'm going for younger. I need someone with lots of energy lol.

• What sort of energy?

• but you're married so then you'd never be single again ever... unless it's when you are really old?

how much do you do that?

• Never say never

What Girls Said 2

• I like older men, same range as you. But definitely there are women that like younguer guys. Keep positive! :D

• Evolution. Guys want younger women. Women want older men.

What Guys Said 7

• Younger women have a larger time table of being fertile.

Older guys are generally more stable and secure financially. They also tend to be over the girl-chasing phase of their life and are ready to settle down with a real relationship.

• Women generally prefer older men since they are more mature and usually more financially stable which is good for raising a child.

Men generally prefer younger women since they are more firtile.

• My guess is that most women like older men (I don't mean much older, just older). The ladies here can correct me if I'm wrong.

• because there are more girls who like older guys than the other way round

• Maybe it's something to do with the fact that marriage is about specifying the guy who is responsible for the kids that a woman births, and old women don't do that as much.

• Men look for beauty and reproductive ability in a woman.

Women look for money, power and status in a man.

With that in mind, the answer is pretty obvious.

• Because younger women are better for having kids and older men have more money