What's your opinion on a girl proposing to a guy?

Or do you believe its the guy that should initiate this?
I have mixed feelings about this. Just wanted to know what others think?

www.thetwoangles.com/.../First-Proposal.jpg

• Yes its fine
  • No it should be the guy

Most Helpful Girl

• She can but girls are typically almost always ready for marriage and anxious about it so it kind of takes away that romantic gesture/surprise. When a man does it, that's his way of saying ''I've long thought about this and I'm ready now''.

But ok to each their own. If you feel comfortable about this and want to do it then you can.

What Guys Said 15

• Selfishly I would love to see a woman proposing to a guy just because it would break the stupid social taboo and its cute ^_^, but I feel most girls at least would say the guy should propose. My brother's wife now when they were dating she proposed marriage to him I thought that was cute ^_^.

• It'd be fine and I'd be flattered, but I'd probably be that dude who says no and needs to think about it.

Rushing into/being unsure of marriage is not something I will ever do.

• Seems kinda selfish if she's up on family law, "please become the presumed father of any children I have, and be financially responsible for me while I retain full rights to absolute control over both our reproductive choices and I am not legally permitted to incur any reciprocal obligations to you whatsoever."

• I don't think it matters who proposes to whom, it's still more than likely going to end in a bitter divorce, so who signs their own 'kiss of death' is pretty meaningless.

• Id be so happy :D

• Good for her

• Really if the guy hasn't proposed first, the girl has every right to. And personally, it's a really ig deal and for the other to do it takes a lot of weight off our backs. It's romantic too and tells him you love him :). Good luck!

• Sounds awesome. I welcome it, even though most women probably won't do that.

• It's fine but it's very uncommon

• They might not admit it, but I think some men might prefer it. We can be shy too!

• I say B. When a women does it, it comes off way too desperate.

• what makes it desperate that doesn´t do it for a guy? i mean if one is ready to ask that, it should be obvious that you like each other anyway.

• Though it's the age of equality, I wouldn't go that far as proposing to a man. I wouldn't do that. Can't explain why. Just something I wouldn't do.

• I feel it would make me sound kind of desperate and that it wouldn't be regarded as the same surprise when a man does it.

• if a beautiful girl (not only physically, also personally beautiful) proposed me, i would love it.

• U ( Girls ) say that Girl = Man , So yes its fine hahah ;)

• It's funny how women are against it but men are overly for it. Only feminists when its comfortable women?

• If a guy is running his relationships correctly, the girl should be begging to get married.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it really matters. If someone really loves someone else and wants to spend their life with that person, then they should go for it :)

• Sometimes us girls are to anxious about marriage. We have to learn to relax. Give it sometime. Let the man be a man. I think the marriage will last longer if he proposes to her because he must love her a great deal to propose. Plus you deserve that fairly tale of that special man proposing to you! sweeping you off your feet. Not you sweeping him off his. Have you ever went out your way to get a guys number? Same thing. You'll be chasing him the whole relationship if he's ready you'll know! If you have to propose to him he's not ready

• It's fine.

• I proposed to my ex.

• That's hilarious.

• The consensus here seems to be that it doesn't matter, but the only example we have is a relationship that is now ended.

• It didn't end because we wanted, but because the government/state obligated us to. It's a long story.

• It's fine and normal, but I'd prefer the guy to do it cause I'd be shy