Married people only!!! After marrying someone does the bond get stronger? Do you actually feel a difference that only came after marriage?

I feel that marriage is a commitment to God and feel you should respect it and value it. Its not just a legal bond to me its way deeper than that. With that being said does God bring you closer? Do you feel a deeper connection. I think you should if both people see marriage the way it should be seen and take their vowels seriously. I'm asking because I'm in a relationship and I feel my conscious is speaking to me telling me I need to marry instead of shacking up. Recently he asked me to marry him and said he felt the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not sudden. But the bond has grown stronger over our marriage (nearly 18 years now).

I do think people should generally wait a little bit before getting married - 2 years is pretty good - so they'll generally be over the initial crush stage in the first place. But life brings many more opportunities to get to know your mate in a variety of circumstances.

What Guys Said 3

• We had a civil ceremony so there was none of the 'God' nonsense, and we'd already found out the my wife was pregnant with our son a few weeks before, so marraige didn't really chabge anything at all, it just put a formal seal on what events had already made a reality.

• No nothing special changed once we got married.

• Not really but having our daughter did.

What Girls Said 3

• No I can't say much changed once we were married. We already lived together before marraige so it was just another day for us together after the wedding. Just make sure you truly love him because if not then there will be issues down the road.

• No. Marriage didn't chafe how we felt at all, it's just a piece of paper.

• No, u get bored of seeing the same face over and over, its like chewing bubble gum, in the beginning its so good and its fun chewing, but then later on its harder to spit it. See what i mean. But marriage can bring lots of happiness, I married and my life is kinda boring now.