Do Christians/Catholics have arranged marriages as well?

I know some cultures do but I always wondered if Christians/Catholics had arranged marriages

Most Helpful Girl

• Im Catholic in Michigan and I am engaged with an arranged marriages. No its not common to have an arranged marriage in the US with Catholics or Christians but in other countries its not common not to have an arranged marriage in the Catholic or Christian faith.

Yes we do have arranged marriages there not as common but actually as long as both people consent and realize it is a life long commitment and they are not to divorce then it actually is encouraged in Catholicism because the US average for marriages to end in divorce is about 46-49% and arranged marriages it is 5-7%.

Honestly since ill be married at 18 after I graduate High School It will be so much nicer because I won't have to deal with heartache and the craziness of trying to find a decent guy at a University and I won't have commit moral sin by having the risk or temptation of pre-marital sex. I want to be able to wear pure white on my wedding day and not feel guilty like I'm deceiving my friends, church, God and myself because I wasn't pure when I got married.

But I will be pure when I get married and I'm happy about it.

What Girls Said 2

• I can't speak for Catholics but Christians do not it's not against religon or anything but we just don't a least not any in North Carolina. Hope this helps :) :P :D XD

• Nope. I'm Catholic, and we don't have arranged marriages.

What Guys Said 2

• it can happen still but it's a masked arranged marriage... all religions in the world can have arranged marriage as long as it involves money, when parents want a really rich or powerful (or just someone with a great benefit to them) if they want that guy for their daughter, then nothing will stop that from happening, especially if family or parents have they that great affection and control on their children... other than that, within christians yes it could happen because of religious reasons, there is something called Biblical Betrothal practiced in some places in the states, very conservative. look here:

link

• America isn't retarded sorry.

• Wow man

• Yeah I know crazy right? We have the freedom to marry who we want..