Does anyone else get weirded out about the idea of marriage?

My parents never married they had six kids and are still together 24 years later. My friends talk about wedding and getting married and picking out dresses and stuff. Most of my friends are between the ages of 20-23. I'm 20. I pretend to be totally for it but it kinda weirds me out. I don't know why. I'd probably change if I was in love and had a strong relationship but now the idea is off putting. I'm not against other people getting married, that's your own choice but me I can't see myself being married.

Most Helpful Guy

• While my friends around me are starting to get married and my parents are starting to ask, it's not that weird just awkward. I'm not ready for marriage and I have my reasons

Just wished my parents would stop showing me pictures and asking which looks like a potential wife material. sure, they're hot.. One of them was even a singer for a short period in Korea :3 but I'll pass lol

What Guys Said 4

• Marriage is a bit... outdated, so while I wouldn't say it weirds me out, I can't really get behind the idea.

• As in gamophobia or pistantrophobia? No. It's just risky. If I married the wrong one & end up losing everything I worked for... oh hell no...

• yes im weirded out by it.

• It is a big step of maturity in the relationship and trust.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not weirded out by it, I just don't want to get married.