Do you think marriage is pointless and a huge waste of money and life nowadays?

Nowadays, divorce rates in the US is ridiculously high, most couples don't know how to maturely work their relationship problems out. All my life, all I see marriage is just a huge waste of money on a so-called "commitment" when it's really nothing more than just a simple last name-change for the bride and sharing half of each other's income or the lower income groom/bride ends up taking more money from their husband/wife (who has a higher income) after divorce. It's hard to trust any man or women nowadays for meaningful relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think it's pointless. I hope to get married someday but it won't be for quite a while yet. A lot of marriages fail because the couples marry too young, rush into it, or are too lazy to actually work through their problems. If a couple truly loves each other and are dedicated to staying together, it shouldn't be an issue.

I wouldn't marry someone I barely know, I would have to be in a relationship with him for many years before I would consider marriage. That way, we aren't still in the "honeymoon" phase and we both really KNOW each other (both our good AND bad qualities) in order to be ready for marriage. Marriage can be a beautiful thing if the couple is serious about it and truly love, respect, and value each other.

• In short words, dramn is very extremely inevitable in life, especially in a very serious and committed relationships with loved ones.

• I see. It's still doesn't change my life decision that I'm never getting married in my life time since it a lot of work and stress for me to deal with (As if stress from a tough career that I just got hired for the first year recently and have a passion for isn't enough). Then again, why should others care about my own life choices.

• That's fine, marriage isn't for everyone. It's a personal decision.

What Girls Said 5

• No marriages fail because people don't want to put work in them. Spending forever with someone takes effort. You aren't always gonna like the person, but you work through it and make it work.
    I once asked my mom if it was easy to be married to the same person for 50 years. She told me divorce is easy, when you stick with the person on the days you hate them and want to leave that's when you realize marriage is work. It's dealing with daily hassles, money issues, sickness, kids, and anything else thrown at you. But you committed to this person and can't imagine life without them. That's when you know the strength of the relationship, vs throwing in the towel.

• Only the wedding really costs money, the rest of it saves money. And you can have your wedding however you like

And ya I think it's still worth it. To me it's just more commitment than just being in a relationship. If I was with someone but not married I wouldn't see it as final, if that makes sense

• Most marriages fail becayse the couple was married too young. i don't think it's pointless and a huge waste of money

• I think that if you're sure you're with the right person then it's not pointless cause you feel more secure that way. But then I've always wanted to get married so I would think that.

• I guess. I honestly don't know how the marriage life is in the UK but the US has a little bit of notoriety for one of it's highest divorce rate worldwide.

• It is pretty bad in the UK.

• No I don't think it's meaningless at all.

I think people who are immature and get married cuz they think it's fun are stupid as hell.

What Guys Said 3

• You still have a 50/50 shot at a longterm marriage. I think marriage has been great for me and I believe my wife would agree. Odds are really good though for a longterm marriage if you two are college educated, religious and come from a two parent family.

• Their "reproductive rights" are contrary to the notion of marriage. They cannot be held accountable for anything. Even if they would want to be.

• Only in USA,,, coz of sex usage play culture before marriages...