Does the engagment ring mean that mutch?

does material stuff matter mutch to you? i dont know why, but I've been thinking about weddings and engagements a lot this latest time. and i can't help but think that there's a lot of girls that thinks that the bigger the diamond at the engagment the better it will be?

http://www.cocoo.se/smycken/ringar/prinsessring-1 this is the engagment ring id personally get. its a copy of a royal engagement ring. and it only costs 10,46 dollars.
its nuts how badly most people who have commented here just to troll after beauty02 and misscoffeehead made asks about me. this is my opnion. this is what i think. leave it be. and honestly, then can defend themselfs so people dont have to come here and be some sort of warrior for them... jesus having to wake up to plus 100+ just cause i dont want an expensive engagment ring...

Most Helpful Guy

• They want a big fancy ring because they all compare with each other, and it's like a 'whose partner is most successful/most "romantic" contest that lasts for life.

• this is so true!

• @Tdieseler a woman in love feels romantically emotional about any ring when she gets it.

Then she runs off. She is excited. She shows other women. She is proud. Other women are impressed. A man wants to marry her. he's bought a ring. He's legit... and then...
      they start comparing.

• i have no idea whats going on! how could people possible take offence cause i said that i didn't want an expensive engagment ring?

What Guys Said 7

• We spent a lot on her engagement ring (we already shared our finances before we got engaged so there was no me buying her a ring really) but that was more because I wanted her to have something nice that she could keep forever rather than her thinking a big diamond was important. So we decided to spend a lot on the ring but keep the wedding modest because that would that be over in a day anyway.

The whole wanting it to be something she could keep forever meant I insisted we got a platinum ring which didn't help the budget either.

She would've been happy with something much cheaper but we're both glad I splashed out on it now because she still gas it and wears it a lot, whereas the more expensive table decorations or whatever else we would have spent it on in the wedding would've been forgotten by now

• an engagment ring means nothing at all. it's just a ring.

i can't believe there are people that a ring means much to them... too materialistic isn't it?

• you wanted a "copy of a royal engagement ring. and it only costs 10,46 dollars." SHID if it was left up to me, yo ass would be getting a 58 cent ring pop out the vending machine and we would've called it a day ^^ with yo entitled ass LMAO

the nerves of some people man lololol @Red_Dragon

• quite rude just to come here and troll.

• Doesn't mean that much to me. But I'm not a chick.

• i dont know if you have ever proposed to a girl before. but wouldn't you as a guy feel kinda bad if the girl would spend more time looking at the engagment ring then just being happy for being engaged? if someone has taken time to think over if they want to spend the rest of their life with you i just think you should be happy over that and dont focus over some god damn ring size.

• I have and I'm married. I proposed to a girl who isn't materialistic.

• there you go. wasn't harder then that was it?

• Well that first user you named I`m not surprised that she`s acting the way she is.

Yeah plenty of girls become materialistic when it comes to marriage if they aren`t already. I mean maybe it shows "their true colors.

• she's nuts. i worry for her to be frank. i agree with your comment.

• I'll be honest. I don't even want to buy her one to begin with. I think it's a huge waste of money

• It does in other words... its a sign of trust!

• i dont understand. explain?

• Not the size... but the people who get married wear a ring which stops people from approaching that person! If he is cheating he will not wear it! May be this explains it! I am under 18 so i am just applying my stupid logic!

• no its fine! i get what your saying! :)

What Girls Said 10

• It's not as big if a deal as people make it out to be. The engagement ring is just a symbolic representation of engagement. It's not necessary to have a ring to be engaged. That's how things were before the DeBeers diamond cartel and Tiffany & Co came along and told us that guys need to buy their women huge diamonds or else the marriage isn't real. So women got that idea in their heads and we became greedy.

I'm not against engagement rings at all. I have one myself and it's small but nice. I'm just against the greediness that some women have - they want the big rings with diamond bands and halos so they can show off to their friends.

• I think it all depends on your financial situation. To call someone greedy because they want a big diamond is uncalled for. Because in all honest opinion, that same woman can say women who thinks she's considered "greedy" just never experienced the finer things in life.
    My cousin engagement ring was 18,000... Mind you, her husband was able to afford it and had no problem spending money on it. My sister's engagement ring was 3,000. But thats what her husband can afford.
    I feel like it depends on your situation. If you can't afford a big diamond, dont get it. If you can, go for it. Who are we to judge the next persons desires and needs. If the woman wants it and her man has no problem getting it, hey, do you!

• dont comment just to be a cunt. if a ring means more to you then the fact that someone wants to spend the rest of their life with you thats up too you. and i honestly feel bad for the guy whos going to propose to you. dont comment anymore. each to their own.

• I agreed

• For me it's kind of a big deal. I mean I want to get married once (in my whole entire life only).
    I want this pretty much
    img1.etsystatic.com/.../il_fullxfull.275340429.jpg
    .. In terms of buying it I'm happy to split with my partner. It's something I'm going to be wearing for the rest of my life on my finger. HELL I want to be able to wear the ring with pride and happiness. I know it's all about being with my partner and all that, but there will be times I'm at work, at the shops, away with the family, and I'll have this ring on my finger, the first person I would think of is him. So yeah it means a lot.. To me anyways

• you want wear a ring with pride and happiness without it costing a fortune. i hope that whenever in the future when you get engage that your not as full of yourself. seriously. its greedy like hell.

• ^ how's it greedy? She said she was willing to help pay for it.

• I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, I don't need a ring to validate my engagement. Of course, it is a nice thing to have if the guy has the money to actually afford one but I wouldn't want a man to go into debt just to buy an engagement ring. That's silly.

• Nah, I don't care that much. As long as it's pretty and doesn't turn my finger green, he can spend however much he wants!

• see? I've gotten called greedy and that i apprently haven't gotten to have nice things in my life just cause i said i didn't want an expensiv ring. its like.. what? i would just link the ring that i added the link to in the update.

• Girls who want a big fancy ring are greedy. It has nothing to do with love. It's not wrong to want a nice ring, but to want a ring that the guy would have such a hard time paying off is quite unfair. I've been engaged before and I got to pick my ring so I know that there are plenty of beautiful rings that aren't seven grand. Even though I probably wouldn't want to be engaged again, the ring should be a symbol of your love. And not your greed for diamonds.

• excatly! perfectly written! i feel like im the only one around my friends and family do won't want a huge wedding ring. heck, if the guy would get me a plastic ring i wouldn't care. its a symbol of love as said.

• I don't think so. I love sapphire personally, pink sapphire being my favorite. I think if you love it, and it's affordable, do it! :)

• thanks! :)

• Engagement ring mean nothing to me but wedding ring is more important. I dont know why people would want to get engagement ring, I heard both rings are different.
    I dont care about the cost, even if it is only 500 dollars I would be happy. Thoughts that count. I like simple ring , no big diamond. But again it depends on people financial situation, if they have the money they can spend more on it if they want, it is okay.

• knagy she wants a "copy of a royal engagement ring. and it only costs 10,46 dollars." if i was her man she'd get a fucking 88 cent ring pop and i would've called it a day ^^

the nerves of some people man lololol

• Misscoffeehead is not a troll

• yeah she is. and its worse with all her followers harassing me now cause i said i didn't want an expensive ring..

• I don't think the object is as important as the meaning behind it personally. The marriage bands are meant to be the symbol of the bond between man and wife, so personally I'd rather a ring that suits my personality, not something to show off. And more preferably a resemblance between both the man and wife's ring. Maybe that's just me though.

• I'm not sure, but I do remember working a few days after Christimas when a man returned an engagement ring worth $13,000. I was scared to even touch that thing when I saw much much it cost.

• akwaaard. poor guy though! :/

• Christmas** Saw how much** sorry for the typos, my iPad is acting wacky :\

Yeah, I felt bad for him, it probably wasn't enough for the girl he proposed to. But in my opinion, it is way too expensive.

• i feel the same way you know? some guy said here in the comments what i dont deserve more then a vending machine ring. and to be honest, i would even mind if i got that. if someone is asking if youd like to spend the rest of your life with them, thats way more important then just a fucking ring.

• Most gurls like to compare engagement rings