My ex-boyfriend's friend?

Will I marry a guy that I hardly know? is he for real?

My ex-boyfriend's friend asked me to marry him. I just saw him twice, 1st was during the time he was introduced to me, 2nd when I went out with him (group date) this year. When I met him last year, he kept on asking me out and I said no. we text, chat or he calls me once in a while. Then he will just disappear. He is always like that. Every time he remembers me and he calls me he always asks me if I love him, I miss him and then talk about marriage. I haven't heard from him for 3months and all of a sudden he called me and told me he was sorry that he wasn't able to call me because he was busy with business and he bought a house. Then he then asked me the same question every time he calls but this time he told me that he will arrive next week and asked me if I marry him where do I want to stay? When I asked him if he is serious he just told me what do you think. That happened for 3days ago and until now I haven't heard from him. I am really bothered and I don't know why he is doing this and what his true intention is. I want us to be friends and if ever who knows but with cultural differences and communication barrier it’s hard to explain what I want that will not ruin our friendship. I like him. He is nice and funny but more than that I can’t imagine it because I hardly know him and he comes and goes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Has he ever asked you this in person or just over the phone? Spend more time with him and see if you guys connect before accepting any kind of marriage proposal. I know sometimes people get married really quickly. But this would be too quick because you haven't really talked much in person. It's more of a phone/text/email thing.

And don't feel pressured into something because of him wanting it so badly. You both need to want something before you commit yourself to someone like that. That's probably why the divorce rate is so high.

What Guys Said 2

• don't do it. it's way too little of a reason to marry. get to know him better and spend more time with him. I usually say that you have to be together and maybe live together for at least 5 years before deciding to marry...else you'll just get divorced after 3 months and are in a world of sh*t...

think this whole thing through before you do something YOU WILL regret...

• Marrying someone you hardly know, who disappears for three months like that is taking a serious risk. With "cultural differences" the risk is even greater: a jump in completely unknown territory, wearing a blindfold.

Wait and see . There's no hurry. You can still marry him later, when you REALLY know him.

What Girls Said 1

• You shouldn't be concerned with ruining your friendship with this guy. He just doesn't want to be alone and he is obviously attracted to you and is using this manipulating way to get you to be with him. Perhaps he's playing hard to get and doing a really bad job at it. This is not normal behavior and who knows if you're the only girl he's doing this to. There might be many others. Talk to him in person. Be firm and assertive but not mean.