How do you politely turn down a request to be a bridesmaid?

One of my closest friends is getting married in August and she hinted before she got engaged about bridesmaid stuff so I have a feeling she's going to ask me when I see her tomorrow. I don't know if I'm going to have the money come August due to moving situations, etc (and I was a bridesmaid before and it was really expensive). I don't want to hurt her feelings or piss her off. If I had a fiance right now she'd be on my list to be one as well. We're also hanging out with another friend who is a bridesmaid who is the type of person to bring it up until the end of time to this friend and whenever we hang out. Is suggesting to help out in other ways alright?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding next year and she just informed me last night I'd have to dance with one of the groomsmen, and I uh, don't dance.

I told her I was going to be sick that day.. hopefully that works.

• How do you know if you will be sick or not on the day of the wedding?

• Another thing is you are being selfish by not wanting to be a part of your sister's big day

What Guys Said 1

• Thanks I'm flattered but I can't because of...

What Girls Said 1

• I think if you guys are close enough to be one another's bridesmaids then you should be able to tell her about your financial situation. If she still wants you to be her bridesmaid and is willing to help with expenses then great! But if not, she knows the real reason and won't ponder on why you said no.