I've been unhappy for 6 years in a marriage for over 10 years, should I continue to try to make it work?

When I met my husband, he had a job and was independent and was so loveable. After we got married, he physically abused me for 2 years, I stuck it out, and the remainder of the marriage, he is controlling and mentally abusive, I work all the time and he's had 5 jobs the entire marriage. He picks fights with me because I'm not a nympho like him and makes me feel guilty every time I wanna leave him. I'm now separated from him for awhile, should I take this time to pack my stuff and move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Time to move on you're not in a healthy relationship at all...

What Guys Said 6

• Most people spent thousands on getting married and possibly not a dime on the marriage. Time alone may be good for you.

• Get away please!

• You should have got a divorce when he started abusing you and also should have gotten a P. P. O. against him. Just leave him already why would you even question staying with a scumbag like that. A real man would respect you, love you, care about you etc. By staying with him you are saying what he is doing to you is okay and he will keep on doing it to you.

• There will never be a better time than now. Get out while the getting is good and you still have time to find someone better.

• Ask yourself if he was treating like this from day one would you date him?

• LEAVE HIM you deserve better m'am...

What Girls Said 1

• Omg yes please get out! I spent 10 years in an abusive relationship. Like you he was great at first until we moved in together and got married. By the time I left I had nothing no money no self esteem no pride! Run run as fast as you can before its to late and you live the rest of your life feeling worthless!!! No one deserves to be abused and it will only get worse!!!