Is it okay to settle down and want kids in your early 20's?

I really want a family that I never had and that's life goal. That's all I want out of life is to get married and have kids. My boyfriend is 30, and he is not getting any younger. Advice anyone? Please no rude, childish comments please thanks?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fair enough to want your own family and good on you! Does your boyfriend fully support you in this and want to share a family with you? It's a good place to start, by talking it over before doing the deed. It's perfectly okay but I would advise making sure it's what the both of you want :)

• We'll he says he wants the same thing but he said we should wait awhile

What Guys Said 3

• That's also my goal in life: create a family of my own. I just don't want it right now because I'm not ready, but I know that I want it in the future.
    It's totally ok to feel how you feel, and if you can, go for it, but just be sure you're 100% ready, those are two HUGE steps in your life, so the better prepared you are, the better.

• It's fine by me and he should be old enough to want to settle down... how long have you been together?
    You should also mention it to him if that's what you truly want

• We been together for 2 years and 4 months. I'm in my early 20's, if your wondering

• Nope I will not have no regrets besides the partying life isn't for me anyways. Being a mother and a wife is 😏

• Lol I wasn't thinking partying but yeah you seem to have a clear understanding on what you want out of life... so go ahead and start talking to your boyfriend because I'm guessing you want marriage first :)

• He might be a little old for you, but that's none of my business. Just make sure you're all set for that. I can't wait to raise my family. But I am, because it wouldn't be fair to do so where I am right now.

• We'll in a way. But he's the one that I want to start the family with 😊

What Girls Said 7

• Yes. Its okay, as long as you know that "20 something luxuries" will go out the window as well as spontaneity to do whatever you want. Once you have a kid, for a while it will be consistently all about them until they are at least in high school. They younger they are, the more time and attention they will take away from you. As long as you know this and are willing to make sacrifices, then there's nothing wrong with settling down and wanting and having kids in your early twenties. Does your boyfriend want kids as well?

• Those are the sacrifices that we are willing to take

• Yeah, whenever you are ready, it's okay. But make sure you are in love with this guy, the worst thing you can do is get married to someone you don't love and then have kids with someone you don't love. Also, make sure you are having a family for the right reasons. Think this entire thing through before acting upon anything!

• That is 100% fine if that's what you want. As long as you know that you probably won't ever go to college (statistically speaking. I know plenty of mothers and fathers that do it, but it's hard) and that you can support kids. Honestly this is a conversation for your partner and you.

Take into consideration that most management positions are now starting to require master degrees because a lot of people have bachelors.

• You have to figure out if you want the same things, if you don't then it isn't the right relationship for you.

• Sure its okay! Like you said he isn't getting any younger! Go for it. If you're ready for motherhood and marriage then go for it.

• It's not bad to get married at your early twenties but you have to enjoy your youth before its swallowed up by the responsibility of being a parent 😰😰😰 your husband to be is a full grown man and if you love each other and he proposes then get married 💏💑👫💍💌💘💘💘

• Yeah. He's Finna be 30 next month and he has no kids at all

• But be sure to have all the fun while you can.

• Yes it is. I am. I really don't like having fun like that

• It seems fine to me, as long as you're financially stable enough to have children.