Would you marry with someone who is not from your religion?

For instance you are a muslim would you marry with a jew..

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• i... would prefer not to... because i honestly do not want to have all of my family members hound me to break up with him or whatever.

HOWEVER, if i was 349230492304930% certain that he was the right person for me and if i was certain my parents would be impressed by him (despite the religious/cultural differences), then maybe i'd consider it. i don't want to have to choose between my family or a guy i care about.

• Family is the big roadblock to me too... unfortunate, considering who I'm dating...

• As long as religion doesn't get in the way... but it has to. So unless I'm not pushed to convert or anything like that, like pray before a meal and everything, I guess I'd be okay. Religion would be a barrier though, so to save both parties from any pain, I'll just stick with a fellow athiest.

• Maybe!
    I'm an atheist so as long as the kids would not be forced either way, I think I could make it work.
    If he was Zion about his religion, no it would not work.
    Most of my good friends are Christian, or Jew.
    I love them, they love me, and we never debate religious views.
    Interestingly, the defer their bible questions to me.
    I'm like the only one that has read every single page of the bible, more than once.
    Especially the fun sex stuff.
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• If they were a different religion too me I wouldn't care, I'm not a religious person at all but I respect other values..
    As long as they didn't try too convert me, and weren't an extremist haha! But no, being another religion is no problem ☺️

• Yeah, I don't have a religion and it's not my favorite thing but I would date a religious person. As long as they're not very strict or extremist I'm fine. as long as we both agree to let our kid to decide when they're 16ish or something it's fine

• I am open to it but he must not be too religious, and he must not force me to convert.

• I would never be in a relationship, with anyone from any religion at all.

• I am a former Catholic. I don't practice anything now.

• I don't want the society's stigma around me
    and my parents won't approve
    so no
    but if he is the 1 he is the 1

• Probably not, I'm a Christian but I might if he's Jewish... Maybe Mormon too but generally it's easier not to marry because there'll be a lot of confusion and disagreement

• Is this because Jew's are rich

• that's just a stereotype, i don't care if a guy has money as long as he doesn't ask me for some haha

• Haha you say that I am not like the other girls :D

• I follow no religion, but I would not marry someone with a closed mind.

• As long as we agree we will teach our kids both religions.
    Actually, my parents, one is Christian and one is Muslim, and growing up, my parents taught me about all religions.

I personally don't understand why different religions can't get along, and why people can't just compromise and teach kids both. At the end of the day, whatever people say, all religions say we should be cool with each other. I mean, even the Pope meets up with other religion guys and they talk or whatever. You can even see the Pope praying at one very sacred Jewish prayer site, with a high up rabbi standing right behind him.
    Plus, the core of religion is to be a good person, as long as we're all good people it's fine. To me, god is god, we all pray to the same god calling him a different name.

• Yes I would marry someone outside my religion as long as they weren't pressuring me to convert just to get married.

What Guys Said 15

• I'm atheist. I could marry a religious woman (ANY religion), provided
    -she'd abstain brainwashing children into religion (ANY religion) before they go to HS.
    -her religion doesn't interfere with our marriage or doesn't force me to convert.

• If you marry someone of a different religion or convert, you show that religion is really nothing to you... for instance, Judaism, Christianity, and islam all believe that they are each THE way, and you're lost if you don't follow.

Hence, if you are a Christian and marry a muslim, for instance, you show that you don't believe--because if you did, you'd believe your beloved spouse was lost and going to hell after death, and who would want to fall in love with someone set for such a fate? It would torment you night and day.

• no because i'd not lke to marry anyway.

but if religion is a deal-braker for someone... then what can i say? people shouldn't take religions so seriously.

• If they're not followers of Islam and Judaism then yes I would.

I am a Roman Catholic and I have the utmost respect for Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism.

• Why Islam and Judaism can you explain a little bit more?

• Islam and Judaism are extremely strict religions and a lot of their followers are extremely strict, extremely narrow minded and I find both religions to be extremely intolerant of others.

I have been also informed by followers of those religions that if I wanted to date a woman that was a follower of either religion that I would have convert, so thank you but no thank you.

• It would be pretty weird if they tried to convert me so no probably not.

• yes i can.. it is not bothering me.. i will respect her religion.. actually it is a good way to learn another religion..

• I don't think I ever would (I'm Christian )

• Sure as long as she doesn't try to convert me

• Sure why not.

• Im a christian and im open to any cuties who wanna get in ma world 🌹

• Your matter is not religion man actually you just want to have a girl :)

• I'd mary a Christian or a jew. But I wouldn't marry a Muslim. But only on the basis that we would let our kids chose their own beliefs.

• I'm not religious, but I'd be willing to marry some1 who was. Not a big deal to me.

• Of course, because religion means nothing to me...

• A muslim man is allowed to marry a Jewish or christian woman

• Yes but it is not the point

• Lol no you won't.
      I live in a Muslim country. The guys never do.

• if they dont do it does not mean they can not. i can give u hundreds of examples

• I don't like overly religious people, but I think it's hypocritical as fuck that Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men while Muslim men can marry non-Muslim women. This is quite understandable, because otherwise no muslim woman would marry a Muslim man because Muslim men are abusive and controlling.