Should I propose to my boyfriend on Feb 29th?

So me and my boyfriend have spoke about getting engaged this year. I am torn, should i leave it too tradition (guy proposes to girl) or propose to him on that day?

Girls: What would you do to make that day special?

Guys: Would you like it if your girlfriend stole the limelight and proposed to you?

Is it too cliche?

What is your overall opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• i prefer the girl to do this just because not following the norm = better

What Guys Said 3

• I'd be thrilled if the person I loved proposed to me. Just make sure your ready, i. e. finished with college and whatnot.

I think our generation will see the end of the traditional gender duties or whatever. Have you ever had a conversation about traditional gender roles with him?

I'd probably go for it, if it's what you want.

• Well we both have jobs but I am looking to do a apprenticeship in hair and beauty which he supports. We are getting our own place in April/May.
      We spoke about getting engaged this year and he jokingly said "oh you could propose this year"
      I love him to bits and want to be his fiancee

• I think you're good to go then. You could potentially try living with him for a month first, see how it is and if it doesn't work out then you'll have your answer.

• We live together anyway. Have been for 10 months but we live with our mate. We are getting a place for just us.

• In order for sex equality to truly be achieved, ALL gender stereotypes will need to be overcome. You propose to him. If my girlfriend proposed to me -and existed in the first place- I'd be completely overwhelmed that she loved me so much that she didn't care about societal norms.

• Am I the only one that noticed there isn't a Feb. 29th this year? Was that the hidden draw of your question, or?

What Girls Said 2

• I personally wouldn't. But if you feel like it's right and something that you really want to do, then go ahead.

• It's really your prerogative. I would not propose to a man. To make it special, you can take him to an intimate setting that has special significance to both of you.