Is ti possible for a marriage between a guy (21) and a girl (30) to succeed if they only got married because she ended up being pregnant?

My friend was in this situation 3 years ago. He's 24 now and despite the child they have, they're getting a divorce...

Do you think a situation like this could ever work so that everyone is happy and content?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ever? Sure.

Lower odds but not zero.

What Guys Said 8

• I think it's very unlikely. Having a child is far too important and life-changing to do it unplanned. She should have had an abortion.

• A marriage based on pregnancy alone is extremely unlikely to last for long. After a few years (5 years sounds about right) a couple will have a divorce.

• In break ups n hook up culture I haven't seen a successful marriage yet... People separate after few years n hunt another. . its very strange culture...

• Theoretically why not? If he is mature enough them yes it can work. But they also have to have similar interests , they need to be able to talk to each other.

• Yes... I think that was the problem. He is extremely mature, but they had/have nothing in common.

• It can never work. A guy that is 21 is too immature to bare the responsibility of having a child and getting married and entering a marriage for the sole reason of child birth is utterly ridiculous.

• not a good idea at all... elder woman with younger man didn't work... and woman started aging much quickly as compaerd to m an so he will feel more that he is framed in all this...

• Most marriages that are because of a pregnancy, don't work.

• Age difference means nothing to me. I can date a woman who is 30 years older than me. And I trust myself I can make it work.

What Girls Said 3

• No person or two people should ever marry just because they conceived a child together, stupid, stupid idea.

• It usually didn't work well from what I saw.
    It is a shotgun marriage, and such marriage is done in a hush hush manner didn't give both a chance to understand each other deeper.

• Women are more emotionally mature. And dating younger guys is not a good idea because of this.